cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TIGGER123
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT DESKTOP HELP LAUNCH PROBLEMS

HI I HAVE HAD BT DESKTOP HELP FOR QUITE SOME TIME AND NOT A PROBLEM UNTIL NOW.I HAVE READ ALL THE FORUMS ON THIS BUT STILL HAD NO JOY SORTING IT OUT HAVE DELETED AND INSTALLED SEVERAL TIME BUT NO LUCK.ON STARTING MY COMPUTOR THE ERROR IS CANNOT FIND WEB PAGE.WHEN I HAVE DELETED HELP DESK A WEB PAGE LAUNCHES AND STATES INTERNET EXPLORER CANNOT FIND WEBPAGE-MCCIBROWSER.I THINK THIS IS PART OF MOTIVE.ANY HELP PLEASE AS WANT TO GET RID OF IT TA  

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Brat96
Beginner
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT DESKTOP HELP LAUNCH PROBLEMS

I have experienced similar problems. BT Desktop Help is working perfectly well on my Vista laptop and also my Windows 7 Laptop, but fails to launch on my desktop running Xp. I get a message in a tab saying "A problem with this webpage cause Internet Explorer to close & reopen the tab." I then get an error message saying "Error. Unexpected error. BT Broadband Desktop Help encountered a technical issue trying to diagnose the problem on your computer. Pleas restart BT Broadband Desktop Help and try again." Tried that and no luck. Tried reloading IE8 - no luck. Tried re-installing BT Broadband Desktop Help - no luck. Any ideas?

Gerry

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Delete the desk top help programme it is more trouble than it is worth this is recommended by many posters here
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

This link may help you http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956196
Also using capitals are considered as shouting please could you turn your caps off
0 Ratings
TIGGER123
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Hi many thanks for your reply as I said I have tried all the things that are in the forum. Maybe I am shouting as I am fed up trying to sort it out

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

ok understood but many will not answer if in caps as it also makes it hard to read
0 Ratings