cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris40
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT Decor 1200

I have just purchased this phone in order to use caller ID.  BT say this has been activiated and re activated when I rang to see if it was on but I still cannot get a phone number or name (I have put the name and number in memory) to display when someone rings the screen just says "Incoming Call".  What am I doing wrong? any ideas?

When I dial out the number is displayed or the name is they are in phone memory.

Any help would be much appreciated before I ring back and report this as a fault and get charged.  I personally do not think there is anything wrong with the phone, it is the activation that has not worked.  What do forum members think?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Decor 1200

Try dialing *#234# and see what announcement you get, should either be "numbers will be displayed" or "sorry the service requested is not available"

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Chris40
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Hi thanks for trying to help.  I rang the BT fault line yesterday and it appears that caller display has not been connected yet.   Even though the call centre said the order was complete it does not mean that caller display has been connected.  They said it would definately be on today.  But guess what that has not happened and now I have lost the BT 1571 answerphone.  They are not doing very well are they?

0 Ratings
Chris40
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Hi

Thought I would update.  BT after trying all week could not get caller display to work.  Yesterday they rang and said it must be a problem at my end and the cost would be £120 call out I decided not to bother and give up.  However when I came to use the phone it was dead I can only assume that during the testing they cut me off have reported fault and answer was that it would be fixed by the 4th November.  How long must this go on?

Anyone any ideas what I can do

chris

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

Have you tried dialling *#234# as this is the proof it is active on your line. If the announcement says that numbers will be displayed I would try your phone plugged in  without an ADSL filter just to prove as certain versions of filter will stop the CLI display getting through to your phone.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings