cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT Default on Credit File

Hi There,

I have recently been devlined a mortgate, i was asked to check my Credit record, my experian is absolutely perfrect, but my Equifax shows a BT default from October 2010 from a previous address. What is most strange is the account shows that it was setup in January 2009 for that address, yet i did not move in until the July of 2010. It also has a miseplt name on the account. Apparantly its a 28 pound default, i have never received anything from this, and i had another BT account during the same time. This is stopping me from getting a mortage and i do not believe this is mine. I have asked equifax to sort, BT responded with me asking to call them, i have called several times and noone can find the account or any outstanding or passed on debt. I really dont know what to do. Can someone please help? 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Default on Credit File

Hi bberrisford,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Default on Credit File

Thanks for your response, i have done as requested. Many thanks

0 Ratings