Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT Desktop help doesn't work with W10 or IE 11

Tried to use BT Desktop help today and got the message:

Minimum specification

We have detected that you are using an operating system not currently supported by BT Desktop Help. The supported operating systems are :

• Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
  • You can upgrade your browser by visiting the Microsoft site

I assume this is because the release of Windows 10 has taken BT by surprise and an update that works with W10 hasn't been released. Is there likely to be an update in the near future?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Desktop help doesn't work with W10 or IE 11

You should be grateful that it doesn't work. It is not needed for anything on your computer or to connect to the Internet. It can cause more problems than it will ever solve.

Don't try and install it and leave Windows to manage your computer and Internet connection. It will do a far better job than BT Desktop Help ever could.

You should also make sure that you do not install any BT software such as Browser add ons. They are also not needed and will only cause you problems some time in the future.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the tip. I don't normally download browser addons after the mistake of the BT butchered version of IE10, but thought the desktop help might actually be useful.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

I can't think of one usefull thing that BTDesktop Help will do that is not done better by Windows but I can think of many people who have had problems with it when it was installed on their computer.

0 Ratings