Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nick1958
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

BT Dual-Band Wi-Fi Extender 610

Go to solution

I bought a BT Dual-Band Wi-Fi Extender 610.  i can not get it to extend my BT Hub4.  I have used all three configuration methods, restarted my hub and I get an error message when I connect to it saying that there is no broadband connectivity.  The extender says it is connected in the admin area but I am not getting wi fi connectivity at all.

I have repeated the configuration several times with no success.  Any ideas?

regards

Nick

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: BT Dual-Band Wi-Fi Extender 610

Go to solution

@Nick1958 wrote:

I bought a BT Dual-Band Wi-Fi Extender 610.  i can not get it to extend my BT Hub4.  I have used all three configuration methods, restarted my hub and I get an error message when I connect to it saying that there is no broadband connectivity.  Is it the Homehub that says there is no broadband connectivity. Can you connect to the Internet using wireless without trying to use the extender? The extender says it is connected in the admin area but I am not getting wi fi connectivity at all. What are the lights on the extender doing.  

I have repeated the configuration several times with no success.  Any ideas? Try a factory reset of the extender and set it up again. Do it in a room near to the Homehub where you normally get a good wireless signal. Don't use the WPS method. 

See link for set up instructions if you don't already have them.

http://btsupport.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/4169278/1423650880/redirect/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xN...

regards

Nick

0 Ratings
Nick1958
Beginner
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

I can connect to the internet via the Hub.  The power light is on and the connection light is blue and to the top of the good range. There is no ethernet light.

I have factory reset on at least three occasions and have set it up within 10 feet of the hub.

When I interogate the admin area of the extender it says it's connected!

0 Ratings
Nick1958
Beginner
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

I can connect to the internet via the Hub.  The power light is on and the connection light is blue and to the top of the good range. There is no ethernet light.

I have factory reset on at least three occasions and have set it up within 10 feet of the hub.

When I interogate the admin area of the extender it says it's connected!

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

When you do a factory reset on the extender and try to set it up manually are you able to see the extender's wireless signal on your wireless device. It should be something like BTWifiExtndr-xxx. If you see are you able to connect to the extender using the wireless key found on the extender label?

0 Ratings
Nick1958
Beginner
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Yes I can see it and connect to it.  I can then configure but when I then try and connect with a mobile device a BT bannered mesage comes up that there is no Broadband connection.  All very strange

0 Ratings
Nick1958
Beginner
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Ive also tried disabling the 5mHz band because I know that this can interfere with some Apple products, by way of not allowing an IP address allocation.  I've also tried telling my device to forget the network and set it up from scratch, all to no avail!

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Try ONE factory reset of the Homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

I could be wrong but once you have the extender connected to the Homehub your devices should connect to it using the Homehub wireless key so that you have a seamless wireless connection.

Have you tried plugging it in half way to where you need the extender then going to where you would normally not get a wireless signal to see if you are now getting one.

0 Ratings
Nick1958
Beginner
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

I've tried that as well.  Yes the password remains the same when you connect to the extender. 

I tried factory reset of the hub and that hasn't helped.  I'm at a complete loss what to try next!!

0 Ratings