Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrFloppy
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT/EE Merger question

Go to solution
Hey

I've got the BT mobile sim only and I was wondering if it's an almost definite that when the BT and EE merger is completed I would be able to upgrade to a phone contract with a handset WITHOUT a further credit check?

As in: I'm an existing BT customer with an existing mobile number so in future I'd become an EE customer and therefore I'd be able to upgrade like any other customer ?

Is this true?
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
mike-l
Beginner
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT/EE Merger question

Go to solution

Mr Floppy, (lawks, what a name),

i have just checked with the help desk chat line on your behalf anf I am assured you are 5* approved. Should you leave BT your status remains 'as is' for 12 months. However if you become bankrupt or have ccjs issued agaist you this must be declared. My advice would be to secure your mobile provider and then go bankrupt.

Shurly this earns me one of those 'Solved' accolades.

0 Ratings
MrFloppy
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Hi mike. Thanks so much. So you mean as I already am a customer with the sim only right now I can automatically become an EE customer when they merge and therefore be able to get a new phone?
0 Ratings
mike-l
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

You got it. Sorted. What fone u afta?

0 Ratings
MrFloppy
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
No idea yet. Would probably be an iPhone going by my historical trends !
0 Ratings
mike-l
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Well i am not sure we are able to discuss this sort of stuff but my mate moved from iphone to samsung and he said it was 'like being liberated' my daughter has also just moved from iphone to Sams ung edge6 and she is ecstatic. Shame they followed the i but not allowing battery change and data card. Meh!

0 Ratings