cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 21

BT ENGINNER STOLE MY MODEM

Right Guys had a BT Openreach Engiiner Visit the otherday and he has walked off with my openreach modem so now i have no internet in 1/2 my house as he put in a HH5 piece of **bleep**  and said its my airport extreme thats causing my issue my issue was ther before the airpaort extreme was bought now i cant put the air port back in and i had purchased the modem seperatly how do i go about getting it back 

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 21

Re: BT ENGINNER STOLE MY MODEM

I don't think the engineer would have "stolen" your Openreach modem on purpose. Usually when an Openreach modem is installed in a house the modem is owned by Openreach. I suspect that he was totally unaware that you had purchased one and that he believed he was just removing Openreach property because the modem is not required with the Homehub 5.

I suggest that you contact BT and report the matter to them and see if they can have Openreach deliver another modem to you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 21

been in touch with bt and they wont send me one as they no longer use them and since it was in my house it doesn't belong to openreach it belongs to me openreach's boundery is the master socket after that it belongs to me he should of told me what he was doing when taking it so to me that is theft 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 21

Report it to the Police then!

Highlighted
Message 5 of 21

i already have and have a crimr number what i want is my unlocked openreach modem back why wont bt just give it back and when you ring the help centre there a waste of space   

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 21

The modem is Openreach property BT will not send you one as they have never provided them it was part of the original Openreach install and are no longer supplied as the Hub 5 has its own internal fibre modem
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 21

wasn't bought through bt was boght when i got the Apple extreme so it never belonged to them and shouldn't remove anything without my permission 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 21

The chances of getting it back are extremely slim to nil. Just write it off to experience and get another one.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 21

As you have reported it as a theft to the Police and you have a crime number I suggest that you leave it to them to deal with it. There is nothing anybody on this forum can do to to help solve this crime.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 21

dont want anyone here to solve it i just want to get it out there that bt are bunch of theiving swines 

0 Ratings