cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaddyB
Message 11 of 31

Re: BT Email Future Plans

Hi Guys,

Thank you for posting back. I am sorry to hear that some of you can’t attend the call Smiley Sad this is a real shame.  @imjolly, enjoy your holiday I hope you have a good time away Smiley Happy

@GG and Zulu, unfortunately we will not be in a position to post any material, even if you do sign the NDA.  These plans are under strict NDA but once the NDA has been lifted we would be able to make the minutes from the call available. @gg30340 and @zulu17, unfortunately we will not be in a position to post any material, even if you do sign the NDA.  These plans are under strict NDA but once the NDA has been lifted we would be able to make the minutes from the call available.

If there is anyway at all you could join the call then I think it would be worth your while.  The guys that will be discussing the plans are senior management in the email area and they are keen to share the plans with all you guys before wider customer communication goes out.  I completely understand if this isn’t possible, August is not a great month to be arranging anything due to holidays and whatnot but circumstance dictates that we cannot do this at a later date, I am sorry.  

Cheers

PaddyB

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 31

I won't be able to make the call. Pity about the NDA rule. I suppose will just have to wait to hear about the changes in the same way as all the other customers. I just hope what ever the changes are it sorts out the mess that BT are in with their present email systems.
0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 31

Well I still am on BT Yahoo mail although Bt lost and denied any knowledge of two of my sub accounts

a while back.

So to be honest the benefits or otherwise of the current BT mail seem to have passed me by.

Clearly it hasn't been a success or the rollout would not have been suspendfed or not completed.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 31

Perhaps it would be better if BT did a deal with Google (GMAIL), as I find their email service works 100%, and has two stage authentication if you want it?

Google do have contracts with other ISPs, businesses and education.

stuartrogerson
Distinguished Guru
Message 15 of 31

Would agree I like GMail

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
jac_95
Guru
Guru
Message 16 of 31

Unfortunately Google Apps for ISPs (or equivalent Google mail service) is an End of Service Life product and is no longer being offered. This is potentially why other ISPs are migrating away from Google for their customer messaging and cloud services.

I use Google Apps for Business with one of my domains, have so far had no issues with it and many advanced and admin features however the cost and package flexibility probably wouldn't suit an ISP offering it as the mailing platform service to their customers. Good solution for businessescorporate and other organisations though.

I also use BT Business' MS Office 365 (lite edition) for the village domain, again no problems with this - seems to be scalable to different packages offered by BT Business. However, again the features and solution may be too much for a residential customers email solution as it's more tailored for business use.

The Consumer team who owns this platform will no doubt be trying to overcome all the issues the two Consumer mailing services are having. I look forward to hearing some of the improvements planned for the future (once permitted). 

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 17 of 31

Hi Guys,

That's another week over. Its been a busy few days, @SeanD picked a good time to take his leave lol.

@stuartrogerson@Keith_Beddoe@john46@Ribblelancs and @pottyperson, I hope that you're still able to join the call on Thursday? There has been a bit of a delay in getting the NDA sent out so my apologies for this, I hope to have them sent out as soon as possible.

Once I have the NDA's back as signed I'll get back to you with the dial in details for the call.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
stuartrogerson
Distinguished Guru
Message 18 of 31

Yes I'm still available 

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 19 of 31

Me too.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 31

I'm still available. Busy between 10 -12 noon, so hope NDA arrives before then.....Smiley Happy Smiley Wink

0 Ratings