cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT Email access from BT ID Account

I have a BT ID that is gmail  and password to log into my BT account and a BT email address and another password to log in to my BT Mail.

I do not want to be able to log in to my emails from my BT ID account as this poses a security risk. It seems that even with different email usernames you can log in to your BT Mail from your BT ID Account.

Is there anyway that you can stop getting access to BT Mail directly from your BT ID Account? The account page does not even ask for your BTMail username and password when you go to email.

I see that this has been a post before but to me it seems very weak security having access to BT Mail from your BT ID Account.

Many thanks for any help.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Email access from BT ID Account

The whole BTID/email passwords is a complete unmitigated disaster. There have been many posts over the years pointing out the the ridiculous idea of a common password, but so far they have fallen on deaf ears.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

If you can see and access "sub-accounts" when you log into your BTMail account this might explain why.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48771/c/346,6769,7012

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Does not address the issue that you can access BT Mail via your email and password and get access from you BT ID account directly as well.

There should NOT be two ways by which you can access your BT Mail.

This doubles the security risk by having two methods of access to BT Mail and is a fundamental weakness in BT's email system.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

@snapdragon wrote:

Does not address the issue that you can access BT Mail via your email and password and get access from you BT ID account directly as well.

There should NOT be two ways by which you can access your BT Mail.

This doubles the security risk by having two methods of access to BT Mail and is a fundamental weakness in BT's email system.

That has been discussed many many times. It is the way that BT have set it up and that is the way they want it to work.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

We all agree it is a totally crazy idea, good luck trying to persuade BT of that!!!

0 Ratings