cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Expert
Message 31 of 139

Re: BT Email bounce backs

As this thread's originator I can confirm it's still happening. Resolution please ASAP. Surely the email team know what they're done to create this problem.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 32 of 139

Have had the bounceback message received by one of the failed senders forwarded to a different email as follows

SMTP error from remote server in greeting:
host: mx.bt.lon5.cpcloud.co.uk:
rgin04.bt.ext.cpcloud.co.uk Service not available - access denied

Mods - please have this looked at as a matter of urgency

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 139

Yesterday I sent an email from my 1and1 hosted domain to 25 recipients (members of our local history group). 9 of the recipients had btininternet/btopenworld/talk21 addresses. All of these 9 addresses sent back the 'server not available-access denied' message. All the other 14 adresses (talktalk,yahoo, tiscali, msn, gmail etc) accepted the email.

Here is what I think might be happening. Maybe as an ant-spam measure, bt imposes a limit on the rate at which incoming emails can be received from a particular IP address. because all 1and1 hosted domains will typically send from the same 1and1 IP address, this limit, whatever it is, will be frequently busted. If this is the case, BT need to reconfigure their system to treat 1and1 IP addresses as belonging to a service provider and not to an end user.

Mods, please can you investigate this as a possibility.

Highlighted
Message 34 of 139

I've had several messages 'delayed' to three different btinternet.com friends.

First issue for me was 27/02 10:36.

# THIS IS A WARNING ONLY. YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE. # ####################################################################

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message has not yet been delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

<XXXXX@btinternet.com> delayed: btinternet.com->MX:

421 Too many messages (1.5.7.1)

Not all messages go wrong, usually it's a reply but again not always.

I believe they are usually delivered eventually as I may then get a response later in the day.

However, the latest one was delayed on 18/03 at 21:31 and then was fully bounced 22/03 at 06:32

This is the mail system at host mailrelay9.public.one.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

<XXXXX@btinternet.com> failed: btinternet.com->MX:

421 Too many messages (1.5.7.1)

Comments from and a resolution by BT would be very welcome!

Additional edit - at the time this started I also had a complaint from another btinternet.com user that he had suddenly started being inundated with huge quantities of spam. Any connection between failed spam filters and this error message concerening 'too many messages'?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 35 of 139

As this thread's originator I can confirm it's still happening. Can everyone impacted put in a complaint to BT via the contact me link. We need to flood them with complaints. I don't think the moderators are taking this seriously.

1&1 could legitimately raise a complaint too if it's just impacting email coming in via them.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 36 of 139

I've emailed both BT and 1and1 about the issue and hope others do the same.

I've explained to 1and1 that this is affecting a lot of their customers and they should be contacting BT on our behalf.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 37 of 139

The number of 1&1 account affected probably just reflects the size of their operation. I think (but it was a week or two back) that I proved that the delivery problem was not just from my 1&1 domains. 

However could everyone posting here please indicate who they use for their e-mails?

i have 1&1 primarily with a variety of domains and addresses

but also

Gmail

Btinternt

Hotmail

PCCloud that is used by BT as their contractor for e-mail, having replaced Yahoo does not have an apparent web presence so we cannot complain to them (unless someone knows otherwise!). They were certainly subject to comments last year regarding their IP address being blacklisted which was making sending from BT addresses a problem. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 38 of 139

The email account I am using is on my 'own' domain, hosted through website company one.com - which is not 1&1.

I haven't been able to log an incident by email with BT as their forms insist on me giving them the phone number for my broadband connection, despite me having ticked the box to say that I am not a customer. They evidently don't want to hear from non-customers having problems with them - I have no intention of giving them my phone no so I will have to hope that complaints from others + this forum manages to achieve a result.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 39 of 139

I receive a very rapid response to my email to BT help.

They asked me to ring them, which I did.  I've just spent one of the most frustrating hours of my life on the phone.

I did get through to Level Two assistance, but I might as well have been talking to the wall.  He wanted to do all sorts to my computer and I kept telling him, over and over, that's it's not my individual problem but a much wider issue. 

He didn't want to know about this thread, or want me to send him the link so that he could read about the problem.  He told me there have been no complaints about a wider issue therefore the problem is just mine.  Arrggghhhhhh!!!!!

His emails to me got through fine and I couldn't get him to understand that it's other bt customers who are having problems sending me mail.  He asked why I was ringing, in that case, and not them!  Er, because they're only getting bounce backs from my email address and no-one elses is why I'm ringing.

So it looks like, yet again, we're going to get nowhere.  It's doing my head in and I'll be making a formal complaint.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 40 of 139

p.s. I also had a very rapid response from 1&1 who requested I sent them a full copy of the bounce back email.  Luckily my colleague had sent me a copy of the last one she received so I was able to do that.

It's obviously not solely a 1&1 issue, however I have more faith that a huge company like them can get a resolution with BT where we are obviously failing.

0 Ratings