cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 131 of 139

Re: BT Email bounce backs

I'm not sure this is the same error that this thread originally started reporting.  The error we were getting is:

SMTP error from remote server in greeting:
host: mx.bt.lon5.cpcloud.co.uk:
rgin06.bt.ext.cpcloud.co.uk Service not available - access denied

But I do wholeheartedly concur that trying to report an error with the internal BT networks is a nightmare, as all the 'contact us' stuff is for problems with residential or business services, equipment or lines.

I eventually raised a complaint (written via the that I couldn't report a problem.  It worked as the error I mentioned above has not stopped (for me at any rate) and I got phone calls from BT to follow up the complaint.

I went to https://www.bt.com/help/home/complaints.html

selected 'Something else'

then 'Other'

then 'I still want to complain'

then 'Email us'

and filled in the on-line form.

Even then, it's supposed to be complaints about your account, when actually it's about BT systems and services, but none of us are supposed to be clever enough to diagnose BT problems!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 132 of 139

Hi I'm also trying to send an email to a client on btinternet.com but I get the message

SMTP error from remote server in greeting:
host: mx.bt.lon5.cpcloud.co.uk:
rgin02.bt.ext.cpcloud.co.uk Service not available - access denied

Can BT also update the service status page, so I know when to resume communication

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 133 of 139

Hi, sorry you are getting this problem just now.  But please note, this is a forum of users of BT services, it is not likely that anyone from BT itself monitors this forum for problems.  You will need to contact BT directly (if only it were that easy!) as suggested above.

I have not experienced this particular problem since I reported it about a month ago.  If I do start to get it again, I will once again register a complaint.  I do, however, agree that if they now know what is the cure, they should be able to put in a diagnostic and report to themselves when this service goes wrong, and fix it before it hits us.  But then, I do live is a near perfect world!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 134 of 139

I'm another one who regularly has emails bounced back from my btinternet account, can anybody tell me how I raise this issue with BT? I tried using the live chat function, what a waste of time.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 135 of 139

I have great trouble getting any emails to btinternet.com addresses

The latest version is an inevitable bounce like this

Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: lost connection
    with mx.bt.lon5.cpcloud.co.uk[65.20.0.49] while sending RCPT TO

I have had to print them out and take them to the recipient's house when they live in my village.

BT keep asking me to switch to their broadband service. The answer is not on your life if they keep bouncing incoming emails

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 136 of 139

Same problem here and it's now December 2017. This problem has been going on for years so clearly has no interest in solving it. Totally fed up with this issue and thinking of deleting anyone with a BT interenet address from my bulk emails. I am a BT customer myself yet it makes no difference to the company's response. No help forthcoming from BT Postmaster, who without fail blames the sender.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 137 of 139

As you say you are a bulk sender, definitely sounds like anti-spam measures.

Building your IP/Domain reputation as a sender help.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 138 of 139

@New_To_UK wrote:

As you say you are a bulk sender, definitely sounds like anti-spam measures.

Building your IP/Domain reputation as a sender help.

Hi.

I agree to a certain extent, however there's no indication that there are bounce messages from any other recipient. That being the case, and with the many other similar reports, it clearly indicates an overactive anti-spam system. As has been mentioned on numerous occasions, that needs to be investigated.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 139 of 139

I will say that the situation has improved lately, and messages are getting through now, but it has come and gone in the past

0 Ratings