cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 11 of 139

Re: BT Email bounce backs

Hi I'm also trying to send an email to a client on btinternet.com but I get the message

SMTP error from remote server in greeting:
host: mx.bt.lon5.cpcloud.co.uk:
rgin02.bt.ext.cpcloud.co.uk Service not available - access denied

Can BT also update the service status page, so I know when to resume communication

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 12 of 139

I've escalated this by submitting a complaint. I had a phone call this morning but, of course, the problem couldn't be replicated. The random nature of the issue! I suggest others do the same so BT start to take this issue seriously. Moderators do you listen in and can you escalate this issue?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 13 of 139

Hi guys,

Thanks all for posting. Sorry you're getting bounce back emails. Can you take a look at Messages sent from Outlook not being received as mentioned by VLT and let me know if the issue applies here.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 14 of 139

That's not the problem. It is messages sent from everywhere and everyone on a variety of emailers to my BTinternet.com addresses. Randomly they fail to arrive in my inbox and the sender gets a bounce back message of the form:

"xxxxxxxxxx@btinternet.com":

SMTP error from remote server in greeting:

host: mx.bt.lon5.cpcloud.co.uk:

rgin03.bt.ext.cpcloud.co.uk Service not available - access denied

I repeat this appears to be random. I sent 5 emails to my self yesterday in quick succession, two got through and three got a bounce back similar to the one shown (the rgin03 seems to vary). Could this be some kind of extra junk mail filter?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 15 of 139

It might also relate to a redirect but I can't see why. I've had a redirect from a domain I own, hosted by 1&1, that allows my email addresses to take the form of a****@b******.me.uk which has worked well since I've used BTinternet.com addresses (at least 7 years). All that happens is that my email goes via a 1&1 server where it is redirected (it isn't held on these servers) to BTinternet.com. Others using the same domain, but not with BT, aren't getting the problem.

Could the BT Mail server treat 1&1 mail as junk?  If so why has a change been made?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 139

Not a re-direct, but a direct mail from my 1&1 domain to my btinternet address works fine.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 17 of 139

It's a BT problem not 1&1's. I think that's what you've confirmed.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 139

I think all it has confirmed is that BT servers don't regard ALL 1&1 mail as junk.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 19 of 139

Clearly not since my emails are randomly bounced. Some work some don't.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 20 of 139

It shouldn't be necessary to replicate the issue as they should be able to see the bounce reason in the bounce message. Not sure that the person you spoke with had an appropriate grasp & knowledge level.
0 Ratings