Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 41 of 139

Re: BT Email bounce backs

I've heard back from 1&1 technical support.  This was their reply:

"We have checked the bounceback email and the BT server is having problems on their end based on the error message you provided"

So unless all the 1&1 customers who are having issues raise this as a problem with them it doesn't look like 1&1 are going to contact BT to resolve it.  Oh well, it was worth a try.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 42 of 139

As requested. The bounced email was sent from my iphone...

This is the mail system at host mailrelay2.public.one.com.

####################################################################
# THIS IS A WARNING ONLY. YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE. #
####################################################################

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message has not yet
been delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

<xxxx@btinternet.com> delayed: btinternet.com->MX:
421 Too many messages (1.5.7.1)
Received: from [192.168.1.4] (unknown [91.125.38.137]) by smtpfilter2.public.one.com (Halon Mail Gateway) with ESMTPSA for ; Fri, 20 Mar 2015 10:09:40 +0000 (GMT) Subject: Re: Xxxxxx@com> From: Xxxx Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=Apple-Mail-xxxx X-Mailer: iPhone Mail (xxxx) In-Reply-To: <xxxxxx$@com> Message-Id: <xxxx@xxxx.co.uk> Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 10:09:37 +0000 To: XXXX Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Mime-Version: 1.0 (1.0)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 43 of 139

I contacted my ISP, one.com about this and sent a copy of a bounce back message. Here's one.com's response. Despite one.com's optimism, 24 hours later my email to a btinternet account has still not arrived...

Thank you for contacting One.com! Regarding your concern, this is not an issue with our server. The issue is with the recipient server. The email is being delayed in their end but it will eventually be sent to the recipients. If you require any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We're here 24/7 to assist you.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 44 of 139

The BT complaints department have called me back and have agreed to escalate this to the BT Email Team. Whether this produces resolution remains to be seen. Can others please do this?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 45 of 139

I've also raised a complaint. Will report back on outcome.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 46 of 139

This might be of interest. It has come from 1&1. Spam may be the cause. Can BT whitelist my domain?

Thank you for contacting us. The most recent update we received is that the bouncebacks are being caused by the 1&1 IP being temporarily blocked. This may be due to massive amounts of spam mail coming from different sources. Please be informed that Our administrators are still checking further on the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you. Please be assured that we are working with the specific providers to have this resolved immediately. However, in the meantime, we would advise you to contact the recipient and request whitelisting of your domain. This will allow you to be able to send emails to this specific recipient even when the IP is blacklisted. Thank you for your patience.

If you wish to speak to a representative about your concern, please reply to this email and indicate the phone number, the time and date you would prefer for us to contact you, and the name of the person we need to look for if you would prefer to have us speak to one of your representatives instead. You can also give us a call anytime at 0333 336 5691. -- Best Regards, Jobelyn Melicor Technical Support 1&1 Internet Limited

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 47 of 139

Thanks for that ChrisB.  I'm convinced it's a domain/redirect issue.  I've been asking people to use my BT email address (which obviously doesn't go through 1&1) and none of the emails have bounced.  But when they use my doman email address (through 1&1 and redirected through BT) about 50% get returned as undeliverable.

Why only us though?  1&1 is a huge domain provider and I'm amazed more people aren't on this thread saying they have the same problem.

Just a thought: about 3 weeks ago my BT emails were blocked as BT had detected "unusual activity on my account".  They asked me to re-set my password.  I tried this online and couldn't do it, so in the end had to ring BT support and they had to do it for me.  I'm assuming the "unusual activity" was spam.  So maybe this has triggered something with BT's spam system on my domain address.  Has anyone else had to reset their BT password recently or had "unusual activity" on their account?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 48 of 139

@ChrisB wrote:

This might be of interest. It has come from 1&1. Spam may be the cause. Can BT whitelist my domain?

Thank you for contacting us. The most recent update we received is that the bouncebacks are being caused by the 1&1 IP being temporarily blocked. This may be due to massive amounts of spam mail coming from different sources. Please be informed that Our administrators are still checking further on the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you. Please be assured that we are working with the specific providers to have this resolved immediately. However, in the meantime, we would advise you to contact the recipient and request whitelisting of your domain. This will allow you to be able to send emails to this specific recipient even when the IP is blacklisted. Thank you for your patience.

If you wish to speak to a representative about your concern, please reply to this email and indicate the phone number, the time and date you would prefer for us to contact you, and the name of the person we need to look for if you would prefer to have us speak to one of your representatives instead. You can also give us a call anytime at 0333 336 5691. -- Best Regards, Jobelyn Melicor Technical Support 1&1 Internet Limited

Thanks Chris for the feedback from 1and1. It sounds promising.

I reported the problem to BT whose response was not very helpful. They said I would need to report it to 1and1 who would be able to liase with BT to identify the source problem. This I have now done, but it looks as though they are already on the case.

And incidentally, I haven't had any of these bounce messages for nearly 24 hours. So maybe the problem is fixed. Fingers crossed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 49 of 139

I am getting reports from people sending my wife and myself emails that some are not arriving. I use 1to1 forwarding. I have had two status emails sent from my own servers which have been bounced with the header error:

--

"chris.r.jaques@btinternet.com":
SMTP error from remote server in greeting:
host: mx.bt.lon5.cpcloud.co.uk:
rgin08.bt.ext.cpcloud.co.uk Service not available - access denied

--

Some of the reoprts are getting through but some are not.

BT needs to investigate this further.

Chris

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 50 of 139

I've got the same problem with emails forwarded from 1&1.

I've contacted 1&1 support who are looking into the problem but seemed to recognise the issue when I explained the error and mentioned BT.

What's the best way to contact BT to log this?

0 Ratings