cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sprossers
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT Email down

I am trying to find a definitive statement on whether BT email SMTP server is down right now or not (I have been unable to send emails for 24 hrs now).  There seem to be various posts from users having problems but can't find a clear statement from BT - there is no mention on their Service status pages.

Is there a problem?  If so is there any information on how long it will take to get fixed?

Thank you

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
KenMac46
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Email down

Hello,

I am getting the same responses as I did yesterday when the email system went flakey for a couple of hours.  It's a pity the moderators have not replied to you - perhaps it's POETS day or the pull to watch the Murray semi-final match.  Yesterday somebody in 'support' who should know said there was a national problem; is today the same?  Hello anyone out there - can you shed light on this?

Yesterday, trouble was that messages went into my sent box but they weren't actually sent, it transpired.  But how many people knew that?  It was only when I did a resend did I get any resonse to my message.  Is BT Mail being seen as a secondary service now?  Can anybody respond to this please?

Ken Mac

0 Ratings
KenMac46
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

After all that, my message went at the umteenth attempt

Ken Mc.

0 Ratings
Sprossers
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Yes, the absence of any information is disturbing!  I know that the people running this forum are not directly representing BT but I can't believe that they don't know anything.

Don't know if this helps others, but I've done a bit more testing and I have discovered that I can  both send and receive through my BT email account if I use the BT Mail web client rather than the desktop client I normally use. This is a bit of a pain but a temporary workround at least.

0 Ratings
KenMac46
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Or did it?  (See above)

Ken Mc.

0 Ratings
Damian99
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

I keep getting locked out of my email address, keep resetting the password only for them to block it again, any help as they are totally useless

0 Ratings