Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

BT Email log on

Go to solution

Hi,

Since last night (16/10/13) my email on my iPhone says my email settings are wrong, outlook asks me to enter my password and fails to log on everytime. As this is my main email its vital I have it working! Have tried the main BT.com page and it says its having a temporary email issue. 

Does anyone have any timescale for a fix or am I going to have to start changing email addresses with various organisations abd businesses so I get todays emails?

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT Email log on

Go to solution

There have been a few problems with the mail system over the past few days, just check the forum posts. Have you tried logging in via Yahoo rather than BT as a tempory fix until BT get it sorted out.

https://login.yahoo.com/config/login_verify2?&.src=ym&.intl=uk

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution
Thanks, its worked now, they sent an email last night saying I had unusual account activity and put a password change thing on the account. Then while changing the password it was saying there was a temporary error. Anyway, 3rd attempt worked and I'm back in! I do question the logic of sending an email to tell me they have stopped my access. How do they expect me to get that email? Telepathy! 🙂
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

My iPhone has lost ability to send email in the same confusion of shifting me back from Yahoo and demanding a new password.  Outlook access and web access are fine.  iPhone account deletion and reload had no useful effect.  I live in fond hope that BT quietly fix something and that I can repeat the whole process sccessfully tomorrow. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

@Geordie71 wrote:

My iPhone has lost ability to send email in the same confusion of shifting me back from Yahoo and demanding a new password.  Outlook access and web access are fine.  iPhone account deletion and reload had no useful effect.  I live in fond hope that BT quietly fix something and that I can repeat the whole process sccessfully tomorrow. 

The iPod works. (iPod 3g) and it's similar to the iPhone.

Try settings >mail (etc) and enter your password, as set for BT Yahoo after you changed it>done.

Don't touch anything else. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

I am pretty sure that during the change BT have blocked email send via POP3 that does not enter the BT email system over a user's BT provided internet connection.  It seems my IPhone can send using my home wifi (and hence BT broadband) but not via a 3G conection.  This is a backward step if true.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution
Thanks Ribblelancs but have done password changes (many times!)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

@Geordie71 wrote:
Thanks Ribblelancs but have done password changes (many times!)

It's just an iPod 3rd generation here, not a 3G connection.

It's all done on a wireless connection in the home.

Your new password should be set from the settings menu on the iPhone>edit settings>re-enter your new password with BT Yahoo>done>close down settings menu.

If that does not work but your PC email works with the new password, then there's a problem.

It works for the iPod and the HTC mobile, which is indirectly associated with Google mail. It's only the BT Yahoo mail password which is involved: no- one else.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

As of this morning (18 Oct 2013) I cannot access my e-mail via Outlook and repeatedly see this when I try BT Yahoo web mail as an alternative:

"You've logged in successfully to BT Yahoo! It's now time to update your password We've recently detected some unusual activity on your account and, as a precaution, we want you to update your password before continuing...

Dave.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

BT Yahoo (www.bt.com/managepassword/) now says:

"you cannot access your account at this time. Please contact your Security Administrator or Helpdesk."

Dave.

0 Ratings