cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 2

BT Email resend

Hi,

I guess this is aimed at a BT moderaor - or similar, anyway here goes...

I recently had to re-format and reload my computer, and unfotunately lost my Outlook.pst file, which went back years, so very disappointed at losing it. Anyway I also changed jobs recently and would like to know if BT can resend ALL SENT AND RECEIVED emails since 1st August 2011, as I had important emails in this period. I am aware that BT are required by law to keep 3 months worth.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Shazbat

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT Email resend

@shazbat wrote:

Hi,

I guess this is aimed at a BT moderaor - or similar, anyway here goes...

I recently had to re-format and reload my computer, and unfotunately lost my Outlook.pst file, which went back years, so very disappointed at losing it. Anyway I also changed jobs recently and would like to know if BT can resend ALL SENT AND RECEIVED emails since 1st August 2011, as I had important emails in this period. I am aware that BT are required by law to keep 3 months worth.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Shazbat

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

I'm not sure whether BT are required by law to keep the emails for general use. If they are supposed to keep any, then it may be the case for the security, police and court orders etc. Almost certainly you will not be able to retrieve them in the general case.

If I may be frank, if the emails are that important to you - a good backup system for yourself would be prudent.

0 Ratings