cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Engineer came but no YouView Box or Smart Hub 2 was delivered beforehand

I have moved into a new house and placed an order with BT TV on the 22/12/20.

On my homepage on 'My BT' it clearly states....

Wed 6 Jan 2021
Equipment delivery

BROUGHT BY ENGINEER
Dispatch date:
Brought by engineer
Estimated delivery date:
6 Jan 2021
Your equipment will be brought by the engineer during your appointment.

So I assumed that no further action would be required on my behalf.

On 27/01/21 the 'Optic' engineer came to my house to install the 'Optic Fibre' and I was told via a family member (I was in work) that the engineer would not be installing the youview box or the smart hub and another engineer would be called out.

This wasn't made clear to me but fair enough I patiently waited til today 04//02/21 only to be told by the same family member that the BT engineer that I had paid for couldn't do anything because he doesn't bring any equipment with him.

As copied and pasted above it clearly states on my homepage on 'My BT' that the equipment that I ordered would be brought by the engineer during today's appointment.

I called BT customer services and now apparently the youview box and smart hub will be delivered by tomorrow as priority, I am not entirely confident that this will be the case.

Also apparently as a BT customer you'd need a BT satellite dish to be able to watch TV? I could be wrong. But nobody has mentioned anything about the fitting of a TV satellite dish.

So from 22/12/20 to today 04/02/21 (6 weeks) upon becoming a BT customer I have paid for an engineer to come and fit the smart hub and youview box that BT had stated that the engineer would bring with them but only to be told that they don't bring any equipment with them and that I wouldn't be able to access any BT channels because I don't have BT TV satellite dish.  

I am totally bemused and have never had any of these issues with Virgin Media in the past!

To save myself any further stress, am I able to fit the box and hub myself and will the wifi be strong enough to reach the upstairs of my home? Because apparently you need plugs to fit around the house? And no mention of plugs by your website or contact advisor.

If anyone has had the same issues or if someone can give me an explanation as to why I'm paying for a service only to be let down multiple times I'd be grateful. Thank you.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Engineer came but no YouView Box or Smart Hub 2 was delivered beforehand

@RutherMwrote:

Also apparently as a BT customer you'd need a BT satellite dish to be able to watch TV? I could be wrong. But nobody has mentioned anything about the fitting of a TV satellite dish.

BT TV is delivered via your broadband connection. No satellite dish involved.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

@Carlushawrote:

@RutherMwrote:

BT TV is delivered via your broadband connection. No satellite dish involved.

Hi @RutherM   Plus a terrestrial aerial is required for the Freeview channels.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Thank you, as you can tell I’m a BT newbie.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Thank you 🙂

0 Ratings