Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT Extras: a customer service nightmare

Hi all,

I recently (spring 2016) bought a laptop for the wider family and thought that it would be good time to install NetProtect and switch on the parental controls via the BT Extras functionality. My BT homepage gave these error messages:

My Products
We're sorry, we're having trouble displaying your product information currently. Please try again in 15 minutes.

Recently placed an order? Your products may not show until the order has completed. You can track your order here

Need help?

My Extras
We're sorry, we're having trouble displaying your BT Extras information currently. Please try again in 15 minutes.

Recently placed an order?Your products and extras may not show until the order has completed. You can track your order here

I raised it with BT over live chat.

• The first time ended with a "sorry, try it again later" response - the issue wasn't rectified.
  • On the second time, the agent said that I need a BT email address to access anything in My BT. When I challenged this (I have a non-BT email address to access My BT) he insisted that it was the case. Issue not rectified.

A couple of weeks later, I raised a complaint.

• Agent calls, asks about it, promises to raise to "Level 2 team" and they will call me. They don't, so the guy calls back a few days later. "Did they call?" "No." -> re-raised. Ask them to call my mobile not my landline.
  • Eventually I speak with someone there. Is it working? No. Takes over my PC, clicks around, performs some checks.
  • Original agent calls. "Working now?" "No." -> re-raised.
  • Repeat a few times over several weeks.

Email complaints team to say that I am taking this to the ombudsman.

• Agent calls immediately. Promise of level 2 team etc etc.
  • Level 2 team repeatedly calls landline. I'm not there.
  • Original agent calls. "Working now?" "No. Can you just get this fixed? It must be some buggy code on your site." "You need to help us here." "I think that you'll find that in giving you my mobile number and asking your colleagues to call me there, I am helping you." -> re-raised.
  • Silence for 2 weeks

... and that's where we are. For what I thought would be a simple request.

I'm itching to take this to one of the newspaper "consumer champions" but someone surely must be able to help (or give me a shoulder to cry on Smiley LOL). I just can't understand why this simple issue, several months old now, has resulted in a customer service meltdown for BT. And, as much as I rate BT as a company (yes, really!), I'm not convinced that I can renew my contract or recommend its services if something so small is so problematic - and so inconvenient for me.

Am I alone in this situation?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Extras: a customer service nightmare

Hi @pablosoc and thanks for posting.

I'm so sorry there's been such a mess made of this. It really shouldn't be that difficult to sort out. I'll be happy to lend a hand so can you please send over your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thanks David! Will do 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Maybe we can cry on each other shoulders I am in my 7th week with exactly the same position.

The imcompetence of these helpless desk operatives is just astounding.

I had parental controld enforced on me and even though it is off on my BT profile I am still being told BT parental controls light filtes is blocking the site.

I am waiting to see if I hit 8 weeks and then calling the ombusdman.

0 Ratings