cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

BT FON Hotspot not accepting Username/password

I'm using handywi on my mobile phone and have arrived at a page which says "Welcome to this BTFon Hotspot", beneath that I have to make a radio button choice between BT Total Broadband, BT Openzone, and BTFON. I've tried selecting both BTTB and BTFON and entered my primary email address for broadband (option 3) and associated password. When I hit send I just loop back to the login page.

Using the same username and password I can login online to BT FON where the status shows as "Opted In" and my hub shows BT FON as "active".

Anyone please help?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT FON Hotspot not accepting Username/password

Have had the same issue ever since I opted into BTFon, I've never been able to connect to any BTFon or BTOpenzone signal. I just gave up and bought a T-Mobile dongle.

People are often using my Fon connecting on my BT Home Hub? Must be BT employees, probably a huge scam to give free internet to BT staff at the expense of paying customers or the BTFon system is simply badly implemented.

A load of rubbish!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

hi to both of you this link may help you The BTOpenzone helpdesk, 0800 022 3322, the helpdesk is open 24/7 365 days/year and only deals with enquiries relating to BTOpenzone and BTFon hotspot access. select the option for FON and OPENZONE Tech help
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

I've had the same problem since joining BTFon when it first came about. Ive never been able to log in anywhere. Rubbish
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 7

When you logon to BTOZ/Fon  it can be done manually or by using the Fon app.

If a manual login, use your primary user id and password, and the user ID should be

johnsmith@btinternet.com

and not

johnsmith@btopenworld.com

The Fon app does work, and many of us on here have found that using BTOZ/Fon has become much better of late.  Needless to say, you should check that you are actually a Fon member by visiting their website.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

But now works, though quite a trial due to slow speed, it's enough to check email and the odd google search which is quite useful.

Not rubbish anymore!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 7

Anyone using the BT Fon app should uninstall the previous version[s] and then install the latest version from the marketplace.  Word on the street is that it does what it says on the tin.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings