cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT FON/Openzone Hotspot connects but will not go on Internet (suggested to reset homehub)

Hi,

Recently moved house and thought I'd been lucky to be right next to fon/openzone hot spot. However upon connecting I get the typical 10.* address allocated and 192.168.22.22 dns which are classic signs the home hub I'm trying to connect to needs to be reset. Problem I've got is I'm in a big flat complex and no clue who has the fon/openzone homehub.

Any one get any ideas? I've tried the official channels and I've been stone walled straightaway.

Kind Regards,

James

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT FON/Openzone Hotspot connects but will not go on Internet (suggested to reset homehub)

there is no way you can force whoever the owner of the hub is to reset just so you can access their BTFON.  I'm surprised that if it is a big flat complex that there are not more BTFON wifi signals than just this one

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Re: BT FON/Openzone Hotspot connects but will not go on Internet (suggested to reset homehub)

there is one other openzone but it's too far from my flat. thanks for the reply though.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

What is the WiFi signal strength like? Normally you can eventually get a valid IP if the signal is more than 2 bars. Keep repairing the connection and it might work.

Hopefully the problem isn't the router firmware, or you probably won't be able to connect unless the router is updated.

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Well I'm quite confused, as the most recent sticky above says that IP addresses starting with 10 require the HH to be reset, but in the thread I created, as I have the same problem as you, connected but no connectivity, I've been advised that the IP addresses starting with 10 are expected when connected to the Fon or Openzone Hotspots!

I don't know, I just wish it would work, as I feel I'm paying £13 a month for nothing.

0 Ratings