Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HubaHuba
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

BT FON - Opt Out

Hi all,

I opted out of BT FON on Sunday however it is still showing as active in the HUB settings. Do I have to restart the HUB for the facility to be deactivated or is a deactivation update automatically sent?

First time using a HUB so I am on a learning curve! 🙂

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Raid1968
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 14

Re: BT FON - Opt Out

Reset the Hub, it will clear the signal, also to be on the safe side call the help desk and make sure they show you as opted out, 08000223322 option 4 then 3

Raid

raymon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 14

Have exactly the same problem and again first time user. BT FON webpage shows Opted Out but after 48 hrs bthomehub.home site still shows Active. Will try reset as advised by your other contact.

Regards

0 Ratings
HubaHuba
Beginner
Message 4 of 14

Thanks for the response. I have only just switched to BT so the line is still in its 10 day stabilisation period. Would it be best to wait until the 10 days have passed before a restart?

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
Raid1968
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 14

Yes I would wait till after the 10 days

Raid

0 Ratings
raymon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 14

HubaHuba, have you had any success yet. It is now several days since we both posted problems re-opting out of BTFON. I tried all the suggestions from other members, resetting hub etc. but still have bthomehub.home showing active while btfon shows opted out. Phone call to suggested number did not help !!

Regards

0 Ratings
Raid1968
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 14

Are you positive that the signal is coming from you're home hub, resetting my home hub wiped the signals straightaway but I still saw my neighbours signals which at first I thought was mine. I had to turn off my hub and re scan to make sure.

Raid

0 Ratings
Rockintone
Contributor
Message 8 of 14

Hi,

I have the same problem, opted out of BT FON a few weeks ago, reset my hub (soft reset) but whilst I am opted out of FON on the web site my hub is still showing my Fon as active (it is mine and not a neighbours).

Can a moderator please advise on a solution to this problem as I have seen other posts about this but as yet no fix.

0 Ratings
Oddius09
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 14

The only way I found to disable BT FON after opting out (I waited 4 days) was a hard/factory reset ie. the recessed button on the side of the HH you need something long. You'll need to copy/save any settings especially wireless keys.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
raymon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 14

At last !! thanks Oddius. Full factory reset appears to be the answer, for the uninitiated hold recessed button in for about 10-15 secs. and then wait several minutes for lights (LED) to reset to blue. Even then there did not appear to be an immediate connection but a "wizard" appeared on screen taking you through rest of hub manager settings, remember you have to reset your hub manager password. I did call the help number over the weekend  for a second time and a more informed engineer stated factory reset was "the last resort" method of fixing BT FON off. It would appear that BT FON are slow to send an automatic signal to the homehub, perhaps they are not happy that people want to disconnect.

Regards All

Ray Smiley Happy

0 Ratings