cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oddius09
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 14

Re: BT FON - Opt Out

Yes they are certianly happy to enable it, but disable!!!!!

There really should be an option in the HH to enable or disable BT Fon.

0 Ratings
vern336
Beginner
Message 12 of 14

You are right, a factory reset does indeed turn off BTFon, but I would keep an eye on it because after a week, mine turned itself back on again, I've no idea why as I opted out about 3 weeks ago.

Its a total pain having to "hard reset" and redo all your settings every couple of weeks.

Its about time BT got their act together and stopped pushing this **bleep** on the customers that dont want or need it.

regards

0 Ratings
Fly
Message 13 of 14

@vern336 wrote:

You are right, a factory reset does indeed turn off BTFon, but I would keep an eye on it because after a week, mine turned itself back on again, I've no idea why as I opted out about 3 weeks ago.

Its a total pain having to "hard reset" and redo all your settings every couple of weeks.

Its about time BT got their act together and stopped pushing this **bleep** on the customers that dont want or need it.

regards

I know this is an old thread, but it still comes up on google. Remember; if you opt out of BT Fon, you will not be eligible to us any of BT's 5 million hotspots around the country. One day you may wish you were still opted in...

0 Ratings
Dippu
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 14

Personally I'm not interested in web browsing on the go! I occasionally check my emails but all that is covered in my data plan.

0 Ratings