Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrew1210
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT FON & OpenZone Confusion

Go to solution

Hi, i've recentely upgraded to BBTB Option 3 and just discovered the BT FON community.  Interested, i signed up and it states on the BT website "Option 3 customers get unlimited access in BT FON hotspots and 500 minutes per month in BT Openzone hotspots"

Now i was at a relatives house today and picked up two possible connections "BT FON" (and some random characters) and "BT OpenZone" now my question is... What exactly is unlimited and what is limited to 500min p/m. since both FON and OpenZone are appearing here

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Luggworm
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT FON & OpenZone Confusion

Go to solution

There are 2 flavours of Openzone, one through Homehubs and one through dedicated wifi hotspots like at coffee houses, airports etc. With your Total broadband minutes you have unlimited access through homehub Openzone hotspots and restricted minuted through public Openzone hotspts.

Confusing - yes, which is probably why they introduced the BT Fon signal as well as Openzone on the homehubs.

0 Ratings
andrew1210
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thank You! I was hoping that they Home Hub OpenZone would be the unlimited one, thanks for clearing that up

0 Ratings
freeman
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi I upgraded to option 2 and signed up to BT fon , I have checked and I am still not registered why ? I am told that I have to wait for the hub to upgrade by it self on the email sent to me BT fon how long do you have to wait for the hub to be upgraded. Help

0 Ratings