Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
andrew1210
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT FON or Openzone?

Hi, I now understand the difference between BT Fon signals and BT Openzone signals but why do BT broadcast both signals at domestic hotspots from residential home hub?

Also, the main problem, when I connect to a residential 'BT FON' connections I get the BT Openzone landing page which I also get when connecting to the BT Openzone connections from the same router.  It can take anything from around 2-30 attempts to land on the proper "welcome to this FON spot" landing page even though it is always the BT FON connection I am attempting to connect to so I can use my BTTB login.

Can anyone shed some light on this problem,

Thanks in advance.

<Edited for grammar errors due to spell check, FON had changed to FOND etc.>

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Raid1968
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT FON or Openzone?

Andrew it makes no difference at what page you have as long as you select BT Total Broadband it will still log you in and I agree regarding the 2 signals coming from the same Hub, IMO they should just have FON in the suburbs and keep OZ to the commercial sector to save confusion.

But no need to refresh mate just log in on any page you will get on fine and also if you get a page coming up with no indication of username or password section, select FRENCH language at the top and log on that screen.

It's handy what you find out when you mess around with landing pages.

Raid

0 Ratings
andrew1210
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the reply, yeah that was the problem I was having with the OZ landing page have no apparent way of logging in, only "buy via sms/credit card"

I'll be using a FON connection this afternoon at a relatives house, and will try your suggestion about selecting "French."  Will let you know how I got on, hopefully from a FON connection Smiley Happy

Again though, I agree that the two seperate signals is confusing and pointless.

[update] - Just logged into my own FON connection, got the "javascript" OZ landing page with no way to log in

Smiley Sad .  Clicked on "francais" and voila (excuse the pun) "Welcome to this FON Spot!" got the proper landing page and the best of it is, it was still in English.

Thanks for your help

Andrew.

0 Ratings
Raid1968
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

I guess we liberate them during WW2 and they help with a log in page work around, seems fair in my book, France you're debt is repaid.

Raid

0 Ratings
andrew1210
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Smiley Very Happy lol

0 Ratings