cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT FTTC 100Mbs+

Just wondering do you think BT will have 100Mbs+ on FTTC this year or early next year? I'm on FTTC 80Mbs and the extra 2 or 3MBs would help because I download a lot. I'm only asking because Virgin Media 152Mbs will be in my area in November but I want to stay with BT, but I would like a speed boost...
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT FTTC 100Mbs+

They will eventually increase the headline speeds of fttc, but it wont be for a while. Trials probably early next year of the faster speeds, if the vectoring trials are successful. They have vectoring which is supposed to help those suffering from the effects of other lines interference, the extra speed that's already there for those close to the cabs (90mbps to 100mbps already possible on some lines, easily achievable with vectoring), and eventually the boost in frequency from the current 17mhz to 30mhz which could see speeds of 200mbps. 

0 Ratings
legitimise_sailing
Distinguished Expert
Message 3 of 5

Haven't seen it on the Openreach roadmap at all. The only change on the roadmap was 8a -> 17a and that was done a while ago.

30a is really intended for FTTB.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

Have you any information that suggests 30a is intended for fttb?
Its not officially on their roadmap, but its definitely something they are looking at. But it probably needs ofcom approval again like the last upgrade. The new mk2 faceplates are 30mhz certified. They made a point about that in one of their briefings.
0 Ratings
dustyfrog
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Please let them complete the FTTC roll out first throughout the country. I am still waiting here in London.

0 Ratings