Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 14

Re: BT FTTC - Sophos Home UTM WAN Uplink

I presume you are connecting to an Openreach modem, if so what other connection types are shown in the dropdown. DSL is probably incorrect. Is there a plain PPPoE?

Edit: There doesn't appear to be a box to set authentication type for the PPP session.

0 Ratings
Liam_
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 14

@licquorice

This looks like the kind of thing you need to download and play with.  Mind you it takes up more space than a separate modem and router screwed to the lounge wall.

The wife would love a PC sitting next to the master socket.

0 Ratings
nich5
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 14

I've tried everything suggested here but unfortunatly no luck 😞 I'm using a BT Home Hub 5.

Has anyone here had any luck using Sophos UTM Home with a BT Infinity Internet connection?

Also just checking clients that should have content controlled by the UTM don't have to be plugged in through the UTM do they? As long as the clients are connected with the same LAN with the same subnet etc it should be fine? As I say this is the first time ever that I've tried to implement an advanced network security system.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 14

May I politely suggest that the Sophos system is not for beginners and that built in firewalls are usually perfectly adequate. I would suggest posting on their forum (if they have one) for further advice.

0 Ratings