cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1041 of 1,492

Re: BT Fibre 900 Upgrade / Smart Hub 2 upload throttling

Go to solution

@wk73 

Yes mate, It's the Asus RT-AX88U which can be purchased at most main retailers.

Got mine from Ebuyer as it happens. Expensive but as you have paid for the premium package why not just enjoy it.😉

ASUS RT-AX88U.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
Message 1042 of 1,492

Go to solution

Many thanks for this, I will give the replacement hub a go 1st when it arrives as the engineer confirmed yesterday the full 900 is coming in to the house but not out of the SH2.  Done a factory reset myself last night, dl speed has creeped up to about 400 over ethernet but ul now seems capped at 50 as others have reported here.  This router looks good and I will look into it but surely BT should be providing us hardware that is up to the job? Thank you again.

0 Ratings
Message 1043 of 1,492

Go to solution

What sort of wifi speeds can you expect to get using a router like the Asus AX88U? Where my ONT will be located means I won't be able to connect anything via ethernet so will be relying on wifi alone. As I have gone for the 900 package I was hoping to get good download speeds. I have some wifi 6 devices like the PS5 but most aren't 6. 

Also what is the difference between using something like this router and a Mesh system such as the Asus XT8 (aside from the extra £100 of course!) Will the Mesh system be faster?

0 Ratings
Message 1044 of 1,492

Go to solution
Hi
I had 900 installed 48 hours ago
[img]https://i.imgur.com/h37AUvv.jpg[/img]
I seem to get correct download but my upload seems to be stuck at half the value it should be, can i correct this myself, or does it need to happen at Bt end?
0 Ratings
Message 1045 of 1,492

Go to solution

I had exactly the same thing happen to me. Lasted for a day as yesterday it fixed itself and now gives the full 110. 

0 Ratings
Message 1046 of 1,492

Go to solution
did you restart anything, or just leave everything on? what version of firmware is within your smarthub2?
0 Ratings
Message 1047 of 1,492

Go to solution

Haven’t touched it since it has been on and according to the SH2 Web Manager it’s never been off. Been hammering it with downloads though so perhaps that woke it up. No idea about the firmware. How do you tell?

0 Ratings
Message 1048 of 1,492

Go to solution

Just give it a few more days, at least until Monday. If it doesn't sort itself out come back here and I'm sure one of the mods will be happy to help you. Mine was the same and it sorted itself and jumped from 50Mbps to 110Mbps without doing anything. Just keep it switched on.

0 Ratings
Message 1049 of 1,492

Go to solution
Thanks all!
0 Ratings
Message 1050 of 1,492

Go to solution

Got mine installed yesterday

Not quite 110mbps, seem to get 100 but im happy

0 Ratings