Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1061 of 1,492

Re: BT Fibre 900 Upgrade / Smart Hub 2 upload throttling

Go to solution

@alan_mc 👍

ASUS RT-AX88U.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
Message 1062 of 1,492

Go to solution

How do i contact a mod to ask for help having my profile changed? I remain stuck on 900/50 instead of 900/110.

0 Ratings
Message 1063 of 1,492

Go to solution

@busterboy1  what range does that give you - currently having to use disks with the smarthub 2 to get the signal to my son's room to play XBOX (new build house)

0 Ratings
Message 1064 of 1,492

Go to solution

Hi @wk73 @SMMC1 

Thanks for posting, I've sent you both a private message asking for details to look into this for you.

You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
Message 1065 of 1,492

Go to solution

@alan_mc I have that router, on the recommendation of @busterboy1 and it is an absolute beast of a machine. Using wifi 6 enabled devices I have managed over 850 Mbps. Admittedly that was in the same room as the router but even one floor up I can get over 650. I have a 4 bed house and my daughters room is one floor up at the other end of the house. I don't know how far away that is but it does go down to 1-2 bars of connection there. At one bar it was still giving me 40 Mbps. However using an old Netgear extender that she is now connected to she gets 3 bars and over 120 now. More than enough for her. I imagine if I used an Asus mesh device the speeds would be even better.

Another thing I really liked about the router over the BT one (which was perfectly fine) is the ability to tweak settings and monitor your home network really easily. Just being able to split the wifi channels was a major improvement as we all get the best speeds on the 5ghz channel and I can force devices to connect to that. Also 8 LAN ports is great too as I have all my equipment in my office/man cave connected by ethernet. It was expensive but as I am paying for the top fibre speeds I decided it was worth having the best equipment. 

Message 1066 of 1,492

Go to solution

@tasmanuk thanks for that.  i have a mod looking into my connection at the moment and they are always pretty good, so we'll see what happens.  if the smarthub 2 is not up to the challenge, then i may go down the alternative router road and even fork out for an extender if needs be given as you say, i'm paying top dollar for the top package.  i'm still in 14 day period so can always ask them to take off the complete wifi and hybrid and maybe even get a reduction.

0 Ratings
Message 1067 of 1,492

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2 or @StuartH, would it be possible to have a look at mine also? I've tried Live Chat, who told me to ring, who after 2 hours told me that as I'm getting over 10mbps upload, there isn't anything they can do 😕 I'm on FTTP Fibre 900, download is fine but after a factory reset, I get 50mbps for a few days, then the cap goes down to 20mbps until I factory reset again. I'm never getting close to the 110mbps cap that I should be getting.

0 Ratings
Message 1068 of 1,492

Go to solution

@Oli88 

Ditch the supplied router Oli and forget your problems. 😉

Asus, Netgear, D-Link al make decent routers that works perfect with the 900 / 110 package.😎

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 1069 of 1,492

Go to solution

Trouble is it seems as though I'm capped on BT's end 😕 Can't get above 20 after a few days of it being on 50. I'd buy a new router but I don't think that that won't fix the issue unless the cap is removed.

Edit - I'm also using a wired connection for my speed tests if that's important. 

0 Ratings
Message 1070 of 1,492

Go to solution

@Oli88 

I will wager if you setup a PPPoE connection direct from your ONT to your PC / Laptop you will get maximum speed.

Just take the router out of the equation at zero cost to yourself and see the results.

Instructions here, it only takes 5 minutes.  

0 Ratings