They're not sending me anything. They suggested sending a replacement Smarthub 2 back in February but that won't help much.
Cat 8 supports 40Gbps - belt and braces
No strange bends, just straight from the wall to the router, then a 0.5m one to the PC.
Hi there. Looks like I have the same issue as others above. I'll list what has happened so far and would really appreciate some help if possible.
The engineer did carryout some testing to the line coming into the house and said it was exactly as it should be.
Now I need your help.
Openreach helpline in your case was clueless.
1: 50Mbps upload is very common with the supplied Smart Hub 2, they should know this.
2: You do not need CAT-6 cable. FACT.
3: Factory resetting the router in most cases can cause the 50Mbps to happen.
4: Sending out another router will almost not help at all, been tried before.
5: The only way to cure this upload cap is to purchase a decent third party router that has WiFi 6 enabled, make the most of your 900 / 110 package as you are paying for it, The smart hub 2 is only WiFi 5 so will never ever get near what you are paying for via WiFi, Cable "should" work fine but it doesn't as you are experiencing.
6: Brutal truth I am sad to say.🙄
Good luck either way, Keep us posted. 😎
1. At this point none of this surprises me anymore. I ordered fibre at the beginning of November and that was me just getting it a few weeks ago (the original issue having nothing to with covid restrictions)
2. I knew this but thought I'll try it because I'd look like an idiot if I just lied and said it didn't work.
3. I thought this as I saw there was a firmware update that allegedly fixed the 50Mbps issue but at this stage I was willing to give it a go.
4. Yeah, I have zero faith in this method.
5. I've go to say the wireless connection has been great. I need my TV connected to 5Ghz for streaming high bitrate video files and it has performed flawlessly. Not being able to split the bands is annoying though.
6. Thanks mate. I appreciate the reply.
The 50mb upload cap can simply be fixed by one of the moderators on this forum, they work for BT, can take your details and remotely push a fix to your router after which you will see the full 120mb.
It’s common place and happened to myself, the issue was resolved in about 3 days.
Hi @WoodWalker I'm sorry about the problems you're experiencing with your upload speed. I'm sure we'll be able to help you with this and I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can get in touch with the moderation team.
You'll find the private message by clicking on the envelope in the top right of the community website.