Hopefully one of you can help.
I have previously been able to connect to hotspots fine on iphone but recenltly its just not happening.
I Cant even connect to the BT fon signal being broadcast from my own bt hub.
I can highlight the BTFon in wiress settings and it gets a tick but i get no login page when open safari and it doesnt connect to wifi and stays at 3g. Ive downloaded the iphone app for bt phone but thats no help.
Obviously im not too bothered when at home because i can connect to my own wireless just not the BT fon or openzones when out and about. I dont get the login page when open safari..
Not sure whats gone wrong!
Thanks for any help offered
I am having the exact same problem with my ipod touch (4th gen),and i can't seem to find a solution.
I have got the btfon app,have put in my username and password,but when i touch the login option,it does not
if you have found a solution since you posted,could you let me know.
No solution yet,it's driving me mad,i'm sitting next to my bt hub and i still can't connect the ipod to my own hotspot.I even rung the btopenzone support team,and no one there could help me.
It's frustrating,because when i had ipod touch 1st gen,i had no problems at all.
We will need more information in order to help. Please answer these questions:
1. Can you connect to BTFon/BTOpenZone hotspots at locations other than your home?
2. Can you connect to the internet via your HH's normal WiFi? (i.e. not using Fon)
3. Do you first select the BTFon/BTOpenZone SSID via Settings->WiFi before attempting to log in?
If you haven't already done this, I would recommend going through the steps outlined in Administrator KerryG's post entitled Using the BT FON App on the iPhone dated 20.09.10.
Agreeing to the terms and conditions under 'Opted in' enabled me to use BT Fon at last.
Here is another suggestion.
Try to connect using the functionality of the phones o/s, rather than the Fon App., i.e. sweep for available networks.
1. I have got the landing page up for the first time,when i stood outside starbucks in ipswich,but i was in a hurry
to go elsewhere so i did not connect.
2. I can connect connect to my home hub using the hubs normal wifi,(not using fon).
3. I always select BTfon or BTOpenzone in my wifi settings before attempting to log in.
The device i am using is the ipod touch 4th gen,not the iphone
Cheers but i have done this,i have opted in,but when i touch the login icon on the app,the screen does not
even react to the touch