cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
syops
Recognised Expert
Message 71 of 97

Re: BT Fon access problems

It seems the access to Fon and openzone has been resolved (on HH3, any joy on HH2?), so I can't work out why the pages are being restricted? Surely this is a BT server side issue and not much we can do on our ends, apart from let them know?

Check your exchange or major service outages

If someone has given a helpful answer, please click on their Ratings star on the left-hand side. 🙂 ***
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 72 of 97

tbh I'd say they're more than likely aware of this, but have not passed this on to us, the customer.

(note how we found out about the hub2 issue - beginning of this thread)

I hope I can be corrected.....

but after recent off forum events, I'm past caring nowSmiley Sad

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
syops
Recognised Expert
Message 73 of 97

Not exactly forthwith in the information dissemination field are they? 😉

As you say, it wouldn't be so bad if they made people aware of this, then let us know the progress of the fix. 😞

If someone has given a helpful answer, please click on their Ratings star on the left-hand side. 🙂 ***
0 Ratings
syops
Recognised Expert
Message 74 of 97

This post is brought to you via CISCO VPN and BT Openzone 🙂

So VPN seems to work, hard to tell in an external kind of way, but seems to report all ok 🙂

Had to enter the download file address directly, not just its parent page. Btopenzone dot com still not accessible via FON or Openzone connnections.

I'll update this post with the links once I'm logged back on through my normal connection 🙂

Links: (you must be logged into BT Openzone or FON to use these links)

Win 7, XP, Vista (32 bit) https://my.btopenzone.com/vpn/windows/BT_Wi-Fi_VPN_Client_V1_32bit.exe

Win 7, XP, Vista (64 bit) https://my.btopenzone.com/vpn/windows/BT_Wi-Fi_VPN_Client_V1_64bit.exe

Mac OS X https://my.btopenzone.com/vpn/apple/mac/BT_Wi-Fi_VPN_Client_V1.dmg

iOS (3.0 or greater) https://my.btopenzone.com/vpn/apple/iOS/BT_Wi-Fi_VPN_Profile.mobileconfig

For Windows:

How to install

Once downloaded, go to where you have saved the file on your laptop, double click on the file, click 'OK' to install and then follow the on screen instructions.

How to use

Once you're connected and logged in at a BT Openzone or BT FON hotspot, go to All Programs, locate the Cisco VPN client and double click to launch. Then you only need to press Connect to set up your secure VPN. Remember to always log out of your VPN, before you log out of BT Openzone or BT FON.

Distinguished Guru
Message 75 of 97

(scratches ones head)

I found the links you've given when I was using Openzone, but never clicked to install it (as I wasn't too keen to try it without good reports on it). Maybe the method you tried was a different one to the one I would of used...

You've got me curious now.....

0 Ratings
syops
Recognised Expert
Message 76 of 97

If you access the links outside of bt openzone or FON you'll get a server not found page.

the way I tried was the only way I could think of a work around.

Not sure on how we could test VPN, seems to alter my IP on my side and my firewall picks up the change; so to seems to work. But I imagine we need one of the enlightened to guide us 😉

The Cisco VPN client seems a good idea for hotspots, esp as Cisco seem to have a good rep in networking.

edit: just so your aware, the VPN client only works for FON & Openzone. It won't work under normal connections (not for me anyway)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 77 of 97

Oh dearSmiley Sad

Having previously and successfully connected to the Fon and Oz SSIDs (on the hub3), I was able to surf and postSmiley Happy

butSmiley Surprised

Now I get NO landing page at allSmiley Mad

(I've not manually gone to the log in link)

cba anymore with this at this present time and amazingly inSSIDer couldn't find my own SSID, yet found the Fon and Oz ones -

Wheres my hubs SSID.JPG

0 Ratings
syops
Recognised Expert
Message 78 of 97

I've been having that problem with inSSIDer, but my SSID does show, only for a second though and then its gone again 😞

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 79 of 97

Hmm, why is BTOpenzone showing as per this

(note the privacy section)

wtf.JPG

Yet it should be the same as BTFON

Is inSSIDer is playing up?

0 Ratings
syops
Recognised Expert
Message 80 of 97

I've noticed this one on psk security connections, rather than put wpa2-psk it puts rsna-ccmp.

Yes it should be the same as FON, mine is. Does the WIN O/S wireless search show security on the connection?

edit: re the SSID disappearing, if you go to time graph you should see Openzone FON and your own SSID are all the same colour and actually rotate through. Seems just to be a reporting bug for the normal display

0 Ratings