cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pjebee
Message 1 of 6

BT Fon and ipod touch - help please!!

I have bought an iopd touch for xmas - I have downloaded the btfon app. When i try to connect using the btfon app it takes me to the landing page where you have to enter your account details etc - I put my details in and it says email or password is not valid - I know that i am entering the correct details because I access my email btinternet.com - I have rang the helpline and they confirm that I am entering the correct details but It is still not logging in - please help!!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
allanm
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Fon and ipod touch - help please!!

Which help desk did you call?l

Have you tried this one

There is a BT FON helpdesk who may be able to help you ..... 

0800 022 33 22 (choose the 'BT FON' option)

Allanm

0 Ratings
pjebee
Message 3 of 6

Thanks Allan - I think it is now sorted

0 Ratings
Highlighted
miskmask
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

What did you do to sort the problem? 

0 Ratings
CrepeLady
Message 5 of 6

I had this problem too and have just phoned the BTFon helpdesk number above.  They were very helpful.  I am still at home so have not tried it out and about yet but here's what they told me to do:

1. In "settings/General" go to "Keyboard" and make sure that "Auto Capitalisation" is OFF. This will ensure that your password (which is case sensitive) does not auto-capitalise and thereby invalidate itself.

2. Also in "Settings/General" go to "Safari" and enable cookies "Always".

Now go back to the BTFon app and re-input your username and password from scratch to ensure it's not corrupted.

Good luck!  I have a feeding we will need it!

miskmask
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

I just wanted to post a quick comment that the app for iPod Touch worked perfectly at Starbuck's at Bluewater Mall this weekend. It connected automatically without my having to do a thing, and when I opened Safari it went straight to BTFON's site where it showed I was logged in.

I am very much looking forward to the release of the iPad app so I can use it with equal ease as my iPod Touch.

0 Ratings