cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 10

BT Fon iPhone/iPad app update doesn't work - tells me wifi switched off

Since updating to the latest iPhone/iPad version of the BT Fon app it doesn't work.  Can't connect to the internet using it either at home or out and about.  Every time I try to connect using the app it tells me my wifi is switched off, which it isn't. Doesn't work on either mine or hubby's iPhones or my iPad.  It seems lots of other people are having the same problem looking at the app reviews on iTunes.  Anyone out there managed to get it to work.  Have tried deleting the app from devices and iTunes and downloading it again, but no joy.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Fon iPhone/iPad app update doesn't work - tells me wifi switched off

there was a new version of BTFON 3.0.4 on the android market yesterday which appears to work

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 10

I have the same problem - it says my wifi is switched off (it isn't!).

It's also on iPhone, (version 4S, IOS 5).

Hopefully they'll release a corrected version soon.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 10

@ imjolly - new version of android app: Not too useful for an iPhone issue...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

I already know that but if BT updated the android app it was a reasonable assumption that they would check the iphone app - or at least you would think so

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

No problems with iphone app here working fine never had any problems with it
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 10

It doesn't work.  It has never worked.

I was given these instructions to follow;

"Un-install the app
Go to – settings – safari – javascript (on) – pop ups (on) – Cookies (always) clear history / clear cookies and data.
Then hard reset your device by holding down the main button and the off button together until you see the apple sign – ignore the power off slide, when the apple symbol appears let go and your device will reboot.
Re-install the app
Follow the instructions and re-enter your BT internet email address and password
Go to settings – wifi – connect to BTFON or BT Openzone and click back to the app and hopefully you will see you are logged in."

I then have message - any problems then please come back to me. - HOW DO I DO THAT?  No email address is of course given.

Not impressed.

Highlighted
Message 8 of 10

Im not even getting that, mine isnt even letting me download the app! dont know why just wont except ive updated my iphone to the new IOS 5.1 and still doesnt want to work? does the app only work for specific iphones or is is supposed to work on all?

cheers

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 10

Any solution to this yet?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 10

My problem is the same but different.

I can log onto bt fon no problem, as long as I am at home. I did not want it for that, as I have my own hub etc. When I am out and about it will not let me connect. It gets as far as "checking log in status" and then freezes. I do not know why?

Seriously considering going with another ISP, as one of the main reasons for going with BT was for BT FON.

0 Ratings