cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

BT Fon log in using Google Chrome

Go to solution

The log in pages for BT Fon, either to join the community or to check status don't work in Google chrome. Whenever i attempt to log in using the Chrome browser, it returns "Invalid email address". The same log in details work fine in IE or Firefox.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Fon log in using Google Chrome

Go to solution

Works OK for me. Sounds like a setting in Chrome.

If you've got a saved password, try clearing it. Click the spanner > Settings > Show advanced settings > Manage saved passwords > then hover and delete any for Fon.

If that doesn't work try deleting cache and/or cookies. Spanner > Tools > Clear browsing data > then set the dropdown to "the beginning of time", tick what you want to delete, then click Clear browsing data. 

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Clearing the password did the trick. Strange that overwriting the saved autofill login didn't work, wiping the slate clean and starting from scratch did the trick though.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Glad it's sorted. I guess you know you can now save the new password.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Even stranger, I've just logged in using the saved username and password on another computer. As on the other computer, this one wouldn't log in, "Invalid email" ever since my broadband went live two days ago. Last night, I found that I could log in with other browsers, but Chrome still failed. Now I can log in whichever browser, IE, Firefox or Chrome I choose to use.

0 Ratings