Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 18

Re: BT Fon

@pavmas wrote:

Can you download using Fon or will I be better just waiting to my New home hub arrives tomorrow

No FON connection here, but I did download the 32 bit Windows version a while back, so it may still be on my laptop.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 12 of 18

The FON is really good, as you can see my bb is down waiting for a new hub but my connection via Fon is faster than my bb has been in past few months, I might just use this all the time, and get my BT vision back on and use my bb connection for gaming and bt vision, I wonder if thats possible.

My 30 days cancel period is up in 2 weeks for bt vision but i would really like to keep it.

If they send me the new hub 3 Ive heard thats faster and when Infinity comes here they just connect to that hub.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 18

Hmm, For the benefit of this thread I opted back in to Fon. I then tried the links I gave earlier and they also fail for me:o:(

But I don't get thrown back to these forums - some times I get the Fon log in page, other times it just times out.

There has been some recent changes to the BTOpenzone SSID and I'm beginning to wonder if the Cisco VPN can only be downloaded from a business connection (Premium BTOpenzone), not a residential BTOpenzone location.

Maybe you could try a BTOpenzone enabled coffee shop or similar and see if you can then download it?

If I knew how to do it, you could have a copy of mine.....

(currently posting this from a soon to be opted out BTFon connection using the free VPN)

Free Cisco VPN.JPG

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 14 of 18

I tried to connect to openzone but could only connect to phone, Im not sure what openzone is. do you know if its safe without this VNP program, as its a closed community and you need to sign in, so if any of my detatils were hijacked it could be traced I would assume.

Anyway thanks alot for your help Keith.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 15 of 18

DS thanks for your help this afternoon its much appreciated

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 16 of 18

maybe I should email cisco and ask them for the link.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 17 of 18

An option perhaps....

(I can't find a 'the Free VPN won't download' contact number)

Try asking the BTFon guys if they know anything about the link(s) not working and see what they say or do

email - btfonenquiry@bt.com

or

phone 0800 022 33 22 (choose the 'BT FON' option).

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

You can only download the BT Cisco VPN from http://www.btopenzone.com/help/security/vpn-software.jsp#os-windows as the page says "when you're in a BT Openzone or BT FON hotspot"
0 Ratings