Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GGL
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Graphite 2500 answer phone not working

Hi there

I have just bought a BT Graphite 2500 (3 pack) phone set. But the answer phone won't work. Regardless of which setting I put it on, the phones just keep on ringing and the answer phone just doesn't kick in.

I have a BT line and broadband. I bought the phones from BT in a weak moment when I upgraded my broadband package.

Has anybody else found this problem? Has anybody been able to sort it?

So far I have:

- Spent four hours speaking to lots of nice people who work for different parts of BT

- Read and reread the full user manual

- Reset the phones, unplugged the base and taken the batteries out for 30 mins

- Sent the phones back and received replacements

- Reset the new phones, unplugged the new base and taken the batteries out for 30 mins

- Been cross

- Got over being cross.

All I want is my answer phone to work. Can anyone help?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
bfg
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Graphite 2500 answer phone not working

Hi GGL,

If you have tried all the guidance in the user manual i suspect you have been sent a dodgy phone (again) and need a replacement.

If you bought it from BT they should replace it for, especially if you have been on the phone for 4 hours to BT!

I not aware of any major issues with this phone, but like all electrical products some are just faulty from new Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
GGL
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thanks bfg. Pretty sure we have been through the user guide.

May have one more go at playing with the phones but you may be right - we might need another replacement!

0 Ratings
Greenwa
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Did you get your problem resolved as we have just purchased BT Graphite 2500 Trio set and our Answering Machine is not working.  We previously had a phone with a built in answering machine and had no problems whatsoever but we just can't get the answering machine to work.  We have followed the instructions to the letter and are now on our second set after taking the first one back due to the belief that this was faulty.  We have also gone through re-setting the phones (we had contacted the help desk with the first set of phones and they had suggested that we do this).  The phones work ok so there is no problem with the line.  Any ideas?

0 Ratings
RachelH
Message 5 of 5

Hi There, got the same problem here The answering machine just will not kick in and continiues to ring. Have tried resetting it, truning it on and off, nothing works. It has worked in the past but has suddenly packed in. Any ideas?

0 Ratings