cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 31 of 35

Re: BT HD channels missing & slow speed via powerline

Try connecting the BT hub to your switch using your long lead and your TV and PS4 to the switch and see if both work OK in that situation at the same time

From what I can gather, your issue could be the powerline or your ethernet switch and we need to remove one from the equation

If your Ethernet switch is in fact a hub/router, then I think that will also have a conflict with the BT hub, you only want one router on the network.  A simple switch will be better

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 32 of 35

Sorry if sounds confusing. I only have 1 router, and 1 ethernet switch.

I've tried the powerline only with no ethernet switch (as my powerline has 2 sockets), with the BT TV and PS4 and same. either the TV didnt get channels and/or the PS4 speed was 1Mbps

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 33 of 35

We want to try the other way around

Bypass the power line using your cable.   So, connect your BT hub to your switch using your cable and then both TV and PS to the switch. If this works, your power line is the problem

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 34 of 35

Well received some BT PowerLine branded direct from BT. Plugged them in and now still after a few days they work.

I can get my BT sport and internet channels now and don't have to reset so far.

Tried the PS4 and although they are better than before with the TPlink PowerLine at 1Mbps, they are still only 13-15Mbps. On my previous, slower ISP, with TPlink PowerLine I was getting around 25Mbps.

So why do these (still testing though!), BT PowerLine work when the TPlink don't on BT, but did on previous ISP?

Thanks
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 35 of 35

Is the powerline adapter connected direct to you BT box, or is it via a ethernet switch?

I found something today.  I have been given a LED lighting unit for an aquarium.  Soon as I switched it on, I lost the broadband over the powerline, with the LED light in the same wall socket as the powerline

It was cured by moving the light to another 13A wall socket

You might be seeing something similar and the newer powerlines are just less susceptible to EMC noise on your mains supply

0 Ratings