cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
woodygaminguys
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

BT HH3 XBOX LIVE & BLACK OPS 2 ISSUES

I have seen multiple posts regarding the HH3 and XBOX LIVE however nothing seems to ever resolve the issue.

I have the HH3 with a Netgear 32 Network Switch, i am getting 78 MEG Download With 25 MEG Upload Ping Is At Around 20

My XBOX Is hardwired as are all of my devices my HH3 is set with my XBOX running on a static IP as is DMZ all other port configurations have been removed to avoided any corruption.

I have been having issue with disconnections on Black Ops 2 and serious lag issues, for months.

I have talked to BT several times and even paid for the High Tech Service! I Knew More About Ports And Forwarding Than They Did What A Waste Of Money.

My question to you all is is this an isolated issue or are the majority of you having the same problems as nobody is able to offer any more help!

One more question is i have been asked to bridge my BT Openreach Modem is this worth doing or is it pointless?

Secondly is it worth getting a different router if so what one is the best!

Thanks For Taking The Time T Read My Post

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT HH3 XBOX LIVE & BLACK OPS 2 ISSUES

I would guess that interleaving has been applied to your line and that is what is causing your gaming issues.

0 Ratings
MMR
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Hi and welcome Woodygamingguys,

For your info I am playing on both XBox and PS3 and I have no issues with disconnections (so far).

I however noticed that the HH3 does not like to have ports manually opened and or does not follow the rules you add.

In the past I did the same as you DMZ on PS3 and static IP on the XBOX and add the XBOX Live rule to that IP.

I ended up pulling my hairs as the HH3 works fine for a few days and all of the suddent does not open the ports anymore.

So my advise to you would as follows:

1. Remove all port forward rules you have set and or manually added.

2. Remove the DMZ (it does not work correctly when the HH3 does not open the ports anyway).

3. Put the XBOX onto a fixed IP address within the DHCP range.

4. Power off all your devices off.

5. Power the HH3 for 3 minutes.

6. Turn HH3 back on.

By default wihtout any port forward rules you should have Open NAT on both XBOX and PS3 (if you have one) without the need to do anything at all.

Since I put both consoles with static IP within the DHCP range and rebooted it I have since had not issues with disconnections and or any issue with NAT Moderate.

As for the lag on Black Ops II, most of the time it is fine. However depending on the host (no dedicated servers on Black Ops II) you are now dependant on how good the host connection is. If it lags just quit the seession and search another one.

Hope the above is of assistance to you.

0 Ratings
NorthstaNder
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

I'm on Infinity 40/10 and I play Black Ops 2 with my Xbox 360 wired to my HH3. I've set up portforwarding and have had no issues at all.

OK, I get the odd game with a bit of lag, but that will always happen on a peer to peer network. 

I'm using the standard BT OpenReach modem and a HH3 version B. 

Might be worth contacting the forum mods to see if they can look into it? And check that your NAT is Open, rather than Moderate.

0 Ratings
MMR
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

@ NorthstaNder,

That is very likely due to the fact that you may have only one console as PSN and XBOX live have one port in commun so if you are using port forwarding only one console can access the required port. The HH3 keep it open for that particular IP address. Only port triggering would open and close on demand regardless of the IP address of the devices and ufortunately it is not an option on the HH3.

When I have the issues of disconnections no ports would open at all (sometimes I would get NAT Open on XBox Live but in game I would be NAT Moderate, DMZ on PS3 would do nothing at all). Only remedy I have found (based on other users recommendations) was to remove all port forwarding, DMZ and let UPNP do his work. Since no more issues (HH3 open and close the required port fine) and all devices and games are reporting Open NAT everyday since.

0 Ratings
ryant704
Guru
Message 6 of 9

Since Modern Warfare 2, Activison tweaked the network settins so people with faster connections are slowed down to not give an advantage over the people with higher pings. Though this system is flawed a lot as many have pings that Activision didn't take into account it just detroys the game for them and will make you lag.

It's really flawed and without actually able to tweaking these settings you will keep on lagging from my experince, there are many DVAR cracks you can use to unlock those commands and then set them to your benefit. Though this will get you banned if caught!

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
woodygaminguys
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

can you please explain what this is?

0 Ratings
Klyken
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

In simple terms they have tried to make the game fair for all regardless of connection, but the bias seems to be toward bad connections now. The game runs more out of sync than ever before. The best you can do is stick to the most popular playlists and not buy any DLC if you must play it.

EDIT: As for you disconnections is the rest of the lobby still in the game? I don't know anyone with a decent connection who wants host in Black Ops II it tends to contribute to hosts dashboarding.

0 Ratings
zagnome
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 9

@MMR wrote:

By default wihtout any port forward rules you should have Open NAT on both XBOX and PS3 (if you have one) without the need to do anything at all.

As long as uPnP is enabled. Maybe he disabled it before manually adding the port forwarding rules. 

0 Ratings