cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT HH5 router

I was going to update to the HH5 as it said here  HH5 for £45 + £6.95 delivery  but on clicking the link to order jumped to £75.95. A bit of a con to advertise it at £45 plus delivery then add £25 to the price on the order page. Even if VAT is added after it is only £9 not the £25 that they expect people to pay.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT HH5 router

Check out the forum for the number of posts from people who have had problems with the Homehub 5. You would be better spending your money on a third party router. 

You can get better dual band wireless routers for about the same money as you have quoted. You would still need to use your Openreach modem with them unless you decided to spend a bit more and get a VDSLmodem/router

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

the new hh5b may well be better which you should be able to get now

not everyone has a problem with the 5a - mine is ok and connected 36 days

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

BT charge different prices for the Hub5, depending on whether or not you're a customer.  Perhaps the system didn't recognise you as a customer and asked the full price.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

I must say that I have not noticed any real difference between the 5A and the 5B. However, others have said that there are fewer dropouts with the 5B. But, as I say, I have not noticed this myself after using a 5B for about a month now.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mistakes and embarrasing goofs in e-mails are only discovered when you've sent them!
0 Ratings