cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

BT HH5 wireless problems

Hi

I have been using the HH5 for a couple of months now. I find myself having to reset the unit 4-6 times a day to get the connection back to the speeds i should be getting. I have contacted the web support chat team and in all honesty they are beyond useless. They acknowledged me to start with and then told me anything was fine. Which i know it isn't, hence me contacting them in the first place.

My wired connection seems fine. But my wireless is shocking. I have estimated speeds of up to 69MB, which when i reset my hub it goes to about 64Mb download and about 16-17MB upload. Which is fine. 

I expect there to be slower times at peak times. But my connection wireless is dropping to about 2-3MB. And as soon as i hit reset it fires back up to what it was before. Then a while later the same again. I'm having to reset my router 4-6 times a day, and this is only when i am in from work. I work 10 hour days and i'm normally not in after 10am or back before 9pm. So i'm missing points of the day when i could be having the same issue, just not being in to see if happening. My partner has said she has seen wireless problems when she is in and streaming or doing anything on the Internet. 

I have run the main tests with a wired connection and everything appears to be okay. I have split the wireless signal so the frequencies are separate and also isolated the wireless channels so that nobody close to me is using the specific one.

Can you please help me. It's getting to the point that as much as having to get up and reset something isn't a huge issue, it's not something i expect i should have to do when paying for a service. 

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT HH5 wireless problems

The following might help you but the best advice is to get rid of the HH5 and buy a decent VDSLModem/router.

Make sure you turn off "smart setup" on the Homehub.

See link how to do that.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

Some devices have a problem with the Homehub dual band having the same SSid (name). You should try splitting them.

See link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44798/~/i-have-problems-connecting-5ghz-and-dual-band...

0 Ratings