cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
west999
Message 1 of 8

BT HUB Phone 2.1a receives calls ok but can't hear outward call on handset....

We have a BT Hub Phone 2.1a which receives calls without problems however,  when we try to call out with the phone we cannot hear the call ringing out or any connection being made.

We have check by calling familiar numbers and the call does connect and the person receiving the call can hear us but from our side initiating the call.....we can't hear anything.

I've tried resetting the phone, deregistering and reregistering the phone.  I've reset the hub. I've taken the batteries out of the phone and put them back in all to no avail.

The normal landline works fine.  Broadband works fine....well as well as BT broadband can work.

I'm hoping this is a known issue but I've done a cursory search on this forum and have not found anything similar yet.  I'd appreciate any suggestions that might resolve this.

Thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
gregston
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT HUB Phone 2.1a receives calls ok but can't hear outward call on handset....

Hi

Did you ever work out what was causing this? We have almost the same problem - everything works except when you make a call we can't hear it ringing in the handset, but once connected it's OK. It's not the phone itself 'cos that's OK when used in the normal landline.

Thanks

Greg

0 Ratings
west999
Message 3 of 8

Re: BT HUB Phone 2.1a receives calls ok but can't hear outward call on handset....

No,  was hoping someone here would have experienced and solved this.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

As a test, you could try dialing a friendly number (because it might make another quiet call!) using the Hub Handset.

Dial the usual number but preceed it by a 5 e.g Swap Shop's number would usually be 018118055 so you dial  5018118055.

This way you are testing whether the fault lies on the BT BBTalk line or somewhere on the BT Homehub/Phone.

0 Ratings
anthony13
Message 5 of 8

I have the same problem. If I use the hub phone by using 5 to get normal line I can make a call ok but otherwise making a call via the hub results in me not hearing the other party although they can hear me!

I have done all the restarts and resets, I phoned the engineers in 'India'? and they said it was the 2.1 handset so they sent me a new one. ITS THE SAME PROBLEM!!!

I now have 2 handsets that wont work properly, is it the hub its self? I have even rung the hub phone from my mobile and left a radio playing 1st near the hub phone.....I can hear it through my mobile then put mobile near radio but can't hear anything from 2.1hub handset!

There must be an easy fix? I really ahvn't the time to ring the engineers and go through it all again, contract nearly up so may look elswhere.

Tony.

0 Ratings
daz003
Message 6 of 8

I have experienced the exact same problem - without using the 5 at the front of the telephone number means I cant hear the other person when I dial them, receiving a call is fine.

When I rang BT "india" they suggested a new free phone too, but as yet not taken that up as I have 3 already.

My belief is it is something to do with the BT Broadband Talk line (which is a different telephone number), when BT "India" checked this - they said there was nothing wrong with the line according to them.

No offence to BT India but I think it would be better for BT Support UK to sort this one out. As yet not fixed this.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 8

Deleted by poster.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Quite often a hub restart fixes broadband talk problems, as it gives you a different IP address, and better routing.

0 Ratings