Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jac_95
Guru
Guru
Message 1 of 5

BT Halo (9500) phones

Hi all,

Was just wondering if anyone else had the BT halo phone sets and wanted to now their opinion on the call sound quality.

It seems to me that there is some noise cancellation algorithm going on, but this seems to cut up the start and end of words/phrases from time to time during calls (i.e the user of the BT Halo headset will experience loss of sound during calls in between the speakers words and therefore breaking up the structure speakers sentences/words and losing some of the sounds).

Also, from reading reviews this seems to be a common thing with these phone.  If this can be fed back up that chain that would be much appreciated, and if there is anything that can be done to resolve this.

Apart from they seem to be pretty good along with the call blocking feature (one you get the caller display working, which to be honest was way too much of a hassle but fortunately the Openreach charge was reimbursed).

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
NeilO
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Halo (9500) phones

Hi jac_95,

I'll see if I can locate a contact to feed this back to. Have you contacted the Halo helpdesk about the sound quality yet as I've read a customer review that mentioned the helpdesk were able to update the handsets to resolve this.  

0 Ratings
jac_95
Guru
Guru
Message 3 of 5

Hi Neil,

Thanks. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see how it goes from there.

Cheers,

James

Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
jac_95
Guru
Guru
Message 4 of 5

Hi Neil,

Nit sure if I'm allowed to publish this info (which is why I have written it here), however the fix to resolved the breaking up of the speakers voice when using the BT Halo phones is below:

(this needs to be done on all BT Halo Handsets)

- Click Menu

- Key in *2201

- Select Handset

- Scroll up to HS_Eeprom Set and select

- For Address enter:

0x0258

-For Data enter:

0x7F

- Press Save

- Then select HS_Eeprom Set

- For Address enter:

0x0257

-For Data enter:

0xFF

- Press Save

- Exit by pressing the handset down key.

- Turn off handset

- Turn on handset

The above seems to turn off that noise cancelling effect it performed.

Try a Search
PaddyB
Message 5 of 5

Hi @jac_95,

If that information resolves the issue, then it would be okay to post publicly on the forum.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings