cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

BT Home Hub 2.0 Wireless Issues

Afternoon all, was hoping someone on here had some knowledge they pass onto me.

My dad recently purchased the BT Home Hub 2.0 and the wireless has been great, no issues...until about 12 today where the wireless has seemed to have completly stopped working. I have the hub plugged into my main family computer and the internet is working fine as you can see im online with no issues, but wirelessly my PS3, my iPhone and my laptop cant find my BT Hub.

I have reset my hub numerous occations and the fron has both the Wireless icon and the Broadband icon on perminant blue so theres no issue there.

Ive tried ringing BT but after 30 minutes, we got no where and i just gave up. 

Could someone please shed some light on this situation for me? Im usually good with computers but this has got my stumped as well as the random gu i spoke to on the phone who told me i have to speak to Sony and Apple about my PS3 and iPhone =S

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
PheeragHfre
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 14

Re: BT Home Hub 2.0 Wireless Issues

Does the Laptop Wifi pick up any other local Wifi signals?

If it does but doesn't list your Homehub try changing the Homehub Wifi channel number.

channels 1,6,11 do not overlap any adjacent channels, but one or more of these may be in use by your neighbours.

If you still cannot see or connect to the Homehub you may need to ring BT again. Smiley Sad

A couple of useful links here may help?

My hub will not connect to my wi-fi or will not stay connected.

How to complain nicely and effectively to BT

"I have this awful feeling someone is watching every move I make (one of my pet hates is router location tagging)." Marvin (A paranoid Android)
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

i tried the channels lol my laptop and ps3 pick up a few wifi's around us, but our own which sucks, but thanks for the reply, will have to ring them in the morning lol give up now

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Oddius09
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 14

You haven't checked the option not to broadcast the SSID in the wireless hub security page?

Tags (2)
PheeragHfre
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 14

@Oddius09 wrote:

You haven't checked the option not to broadcast the SSID in the wireless hub security page?

That is possible but unlikely according to the contents of the first post.

It is easy to forget the obvious though, can the Wireless be switched on/off in the Homehub settings?

Unless the Wireless restarts after a "router reset" it does look like the Router may be faulty. Smiley Indifferent

"I have this awful feeling someone is watching every move I make (one of my pet hates is router location tagging)." Marvin (A paranoid Android)
0 Ratings
Zwilnik
Contributor
Message 6 of 14

Speaking of obvious.....have you tried pressing the main reset button (the one that needs a pointer) Have had this problem before and that fixed it.

Zwilnik

0 Ratings
AsH5588
Message 7 of 14

dude, im having the same sort of problem but with my xperia x10 sony ericsson, it finds the hub though but then when i type in the CORRECT wireless key it attempts to connect and my phone just says "unsuccessful".

the stupid thing is that my phone used to connect to the hub with ease all over my house staright away!

have you found an answer to why this has happened to you yet?

please share the info if you have please!!!!

thank you very much, AshSmiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
cb1199
Message 8 of 14

Same problem. It worked fine for 2 weeks and then it just won't connect up to the BT home hub. It works fine on the work network. Wish i had just kept my old tiscali router, never had so many problems.

0 Ratings
Sarahtnt83
Message 9 of 14

I have the same problem too.... all was working fine then it stopped working overnight, luckily I can plug both computers in, but I have a brand new £150.00 photo printer that is wireless that is now useless as the cable I have won't reach.  Plus I can't connect my upod touch to the network, and my friends can't use the net here when they come round either.

Funny thing is thought, the devices (pc's included) can find the network and say they are connected, but the router syas that they are not.... seriously I have pent about 10-15 hours this week trying everything under the sun to get it all working again... must be a faulty hub!!!

Any one know what number I call and what info I need to provide???

0 Ratings
geaves
Expert
Message 10 of 14

Well having read all the posts in here I thought I would add my twopenny worth.

The Hub can either work and work well wirelessly or be a complete P.I.A, I have just had mine replaced as the wireless would just drop (the light would go out) but the real problem was that it was intermittent, called India explained the problem and a new Hub arrived the following day.

Regarding Hub connectivity, check that the SSID id is set to broadcast and if necessary change the wireless channel, it might be that joe bloggs next door 'might' interfering with yours. Download and run inSSIDer2 to check this.

Update all drivers on PC's by going to the wireless manufacturers website.

Test everything by initially setting up the Hub with a WEP key rather than a WPA, if everything connects then change to a WPA key, some older wireless cards may have WPA functionality but may not be able to connect to the Hub. I have a similar issue at a school I do IT support for, we have a managed wireless network but I can set up both WEP and WPA connects as well as 'n' and 'g'.

Wireless printing, connect the printer using an Ethernet cable, via Hub manager locate the printers IP address type the IP address into a web browser, this should bring a web interface for the printer. Set up your wireless connection from here, SSID, Network Key etc. To install the printer on a PC do add network printer from inside control panel, then install the drivers.

I dont know about phones or iPod's, but we have 2 iPhones, a Wii and my son's PS3 all connected wirelessly, everything else is Ethernet, but the Hub can be frustrating to work with.

0 Ratings