cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Enforcer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT Home Hub 2 Broadband Orange flashing light ?

Area code: 01325

I've had a Home Hub 2 for some time now and over recent weeks the broadband light flashes orange and the connection drops, but soon reconnects.

This has been increasing in regularity up until yesterday when it was more flashing orange than green.

I tried resetting the hub, changing the filter etc. all with no effect.

I finally unplugged the hub waited a few minutes, only to find that it would not turn back on, completely dead, no power nothing...

A call to BT had me sign up for another 12 months in order to get a Home Hub 3, which should be here on Tuesday...

I faced four days without broadband, however I realised that I still had my old BT Home Hub 1 in the cupboard, so I connected it up and guess what . . . The broadband light is still flashing, not all the time, but it's going off every couple of minutes.

So, I guess it's not the hub, could it be the line?

My wife called BT last evening and after some time, they said it's a major fault on the line (which they know about) and will be fixed in a couple of hours.

It's now 11am today and I still have a flashing orange light on the broadband. There is nothing on the BT service page to say there is a fault.

Sorry for the long rant, but I'm a 60+ non techie and trying to not loose my temper with an inanimate object..

Is there a way of getting the line checked etc ?
or has anyone got any ideas how to solve this?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Home Hub 2 Broadband Orange flashing light ?

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

have you tried connecting directly via a filter to the NTE5 master or test socket to see if broadband now connects?  Is the master the only phone socket in your home?

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

test socket.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

hi it is possible that it could be a fault on your line you need to carry out the tests shown in imjolly's post this will help us guide you into how to go about resolving your problem if it is an individual line fault then it would not show up on the service status page
0 Ratings
Enforcer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for all the info . . 

I've tried the 17070, all was quiet..

However, since I posted here, the **bleep** hub seems to be working fine (touch wood)..

I'll watch it today and let you know.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

I would suggest you post your router stats and btspeedtester results and that will be a good reference point should your problems continue to happen

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings