cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elhadi
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

BT Home Hub 2 PS3 Black ops 2 Nat Type always Strict?

Hello :),

My problem is that Black ops 2 is stuck on Strict no matter what i do,

Port Forwarding, DMZ, 

Even switching the whole firewall off, how is this possible?

I suspect maybe the BT Home Hub 2 doesn't allow the specific port to be opened. 

Please do not link me to somewere that shows how to port forward or DMZ as i have already looked at them and tried it.

Any help would be much appreciated, 

Thank You 🙂

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Malacath
Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Home Hub 2 PS3 Black ops 2 Nat Type always Strict?

Black ops 2 on the ps3 requires port 3074 to be forwarded to get an open NAT.

This can be a problem if you also have an xbox 360 in your household as that uses port 3074 as well.

If you don't have an xbox as well then you should port forward port 3074 to the ps3's IP address and set the home hub 2 to always give the ps3 the same IP address.

If you do have both consoles then you need to delete all port forwarding and rely on UPnP exclusively.

Although I could never get port forwarding or the DMZ to work with the ps3 when I had a home hub 2. So I came to the conclusion that the port forwarding and DMZ features were broke in the home hub 2.

If you haven't tried it already you should factory reset the home hub 2 by using a pin to press the little red button in the hole at the back.

They rely exclusivly on UPnP(Make sure it is activated in the ps3 settings)

0 Ratings
Malacath
Expert
Message 3 of 9

After re-reading your thread I see that you already used port forwarding. Assuming you forwarded port 3074?

Anyway factory resetting the hub and relying on UPnP may be your only option as I could never get the DMZ working with the ps3 when I owned a HH2. Even port forwarding was unreliable.

Port forwarding and DMZ are broken on the home hub 2's(and unreliable on the home hub 3's). You really need to use UPnP

0 Ratings
Elhadi
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Thank you, MalaCath, Sadly even Resetting didn't work (tried before)

I do not have a xbox in the household and yes i have forwared black ops 2 ports (including 3074)

If anyone has a soloution feel free to reply,

Thank you

0 Ratings
Malacath
Expert
Message 5 of 9

Are you sure you did a factory reset and not just a restart?

You have to press the little red button for a good few seconds before letting go for the reset to happen otherwise it just restarts.

Port forwarding and DMZ will not work properly on the home hub 2 with ps3 at all.

I went though the same thing.

DMZ will cause the NAT to go strict because for some bizarre reason it is not compatible with the ps3 at all.

You will know that the factory reset is successfull as when you log into the hub after, you will be asked to create a new password.

While doing a factory reset your ps3 must be switched off.

Also once the factory reset is finished you should re-do the ps3 connection settings making sure the UPnP is switched on.

The ps3 and call of duty will work with the hub provided you use UPnP and nothing else. Any port forwarding or DMZ settings will cause the NAT to go strict.

I will add that I had the Home Hub 2 Type A when I was having the strict NAT issues with ps3 and the only fix was to never use the DMZ or port forwarding because it is bugged on that router

0 Ratings
Elhadi
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Thank you, Malacath,

Im pretty sure i did this a few months back but maybe i did something wrong,

Sadly i cannot do it now as me and BT are doing an experiment with an issue i have been having,

Lastly, Do you think getting a different router will work?

Such as the BT Home Hub 4?

I did Re-new the contract but i wasnt sent a free copy of 3 (latest at that time) 

Should i not get a free copy of the bt home hub 3 or 4 as i did re new my contract and i can not use the internet to its full extent as im having this problem

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

you will only get a hub 4 if you ask when you renew / upgrade
0 Ratings
Malacath
Expert
Message 8 of 9

@Elhadi wrote:

Thank you, Malacath,

Im pretty sure i did this a few months back but maybe i did something wrong,

Sadly i cannot do it now as me and BT are doing an experiment with an issue i have been having,

Lastly, Do you think getting a different router will work?

Such as the BT Home Hub 4?

I did Re-new the contract but i wasnt sent a free copy of 3 (latest at that time) 

Should i not get a free copy of the bt home hub 3 or 4 as i did re new my contract and i can not use the internet to its full extent as im having this problem

I can't speak for the home hub 4 but the home hub 3 also had dodgy port forwarding and UPnP was unreliable where NAT would randomly go strict. I personally found the home hub 2 to be more reliable but only slightly.

I have now abandoned the home hubs altogether because they are not fit for purpose. Although i'm with infinity so can't recommend a router for you as my router wont work with ADSL

0 Ratings
Elhadi
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Ok, John thank you and thank you malacath also,

Should of asked for new hub,

Anyway ill guess ill have to deal with it, thanks guys

0 Ratings