cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rosewood
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 10

BT Home Hub 3.0 problems

I've been in touch with BT and it's being confirmed that ASDL is enabled and working on my new line, telephone is working on it but the broadband light on the hub is not turning blue. It is off the majority of the time and occasionally flashes orange a few times and then goes off again. As making sure the broadband light is blue is the first step in the installation guide I haven't installed the software yet. Can anyone put it into plain English what I should do before running the gauntlet of calling BT, please?

The last person I spoke to advise that the hub may be faulty and I was going to install an old BT Voyager modem to check this but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work with Windows 7.

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
proterra
Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Home Hub 3.0 problems

My old voyager worked with Win7. You are only using your  web browser to access it so shouldnt be   any problems.

0 Ratings
DS
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 10

The flashing orange BB light indicates that the hub is connecting.

Are you sure you've used a microfilter on all the devices connected to the phone line?

Can you possibly unplug any devices and try just the hub via a microfilter in the main phone point, ideally in to the test point if your socket has one. If it appears to have a line on the cover, you should find he test point behind it.

Also regarding the installation CD, you don't need to install it to be able to surf the internet.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
rosewood
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 10

Thank. As far as the voyager goes I've tried the drivers supplied with it but they don't work on W7, however I need to have a look at which model it is...

I've just got the hub and phone line plugged into a single microfilter in the master socket and I have tried it with just the hub. The socket is a brass one so it doesn't have a test socket. I'll give it another go a bit later.

0 Ratings
rosewood
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 10

The modem is a Voyager 105 which I've just found out from here; http://tinyurl.com/6ge89ta is incompatible with Windows 7

0 Ratings
rosewood
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 10

@DS wrote:

The flashing orange BB light indicates that the hub is connecting.

The latest is that the orange BB light is still flashing, after two days. I've tried everything in the instruction book. I haven't reset the hub (but then again I haven't changed any settings either).

0 Ratings
DS
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 10

Did you try any of the things I posted above?

If you have, try the restart button, not the reset.

0 Ratings
rosewood
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 10

Yes, I've done everything apart from plug it into the test socket because it doesn't have one. I've restarted it but not reset it.

I asked BT Care about it and they have looked into it and I've just received a text and e-mail to say that it is now active (although openreach had said it was active before), so perhaps I just need to wait for midnight for it to kick in.

0 Ratings
rosewood
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 10

Update: it turns out that there is nothing wrong with our hub, nor our extension wiring - the problem was that they hadn't connected it at the exchange!

0 Ratings
DS
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 10

Wow. Good job BT don't sell cars.....

.....they'd deliver it without any wheels!!Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings