Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

BT Home Hub 3.0A and USB HDD access from iMac

Go to solution

Hello,

I have problem with access to my HDD connected to BT Home Hub 3.0A from my iMac with Lion 10.7.2,

hub is visible from network and USB_Disk as well, but can't get access to HDD/PenDrive.

Everything is working fine from Windows XP or Windows 7 Pro, HDD is visible as "\\BTHUB3\USB_Disk\unknown_13FE0B6A_1"

From Windows can write/read files, but from iMac there is no access to USB_Disk, even if it is visible in Network.

Is there any other way to use password and login to get access to HDD connected to Home Hub 3 ?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Home Hub 3.0A and USB HDD access from iMac

Go to solution
Not sure about the new home hub, but on the old versions you could access it via the IP address 192.168.1.253.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

OK, I think that solution for that is to wait about 15min, then OSX is refreshing network places.

Now I have access from Windows and OSX Lion to BTHUB3/USB_Disk via LAN and WiFi.

Happy New Year !!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

I have just tried to connect my WD USB drive to the HH3 but it's not seen in Windows ( Win7 ) and when I check with HH3 connection status it says ' File type not supported' - why should this be. If I connect the USB drive to my laptop it can see it fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Lee

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

@athlonoc wrote:

I have just tried to connect my WD USB drive to the HH3 but it's not seen in Windows ( Win7 ) and when I check with HH3 connection status it says ' File type not supported' - why should this be. If I connect the USB drive to my laptop it can see it fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Lee

Hi Lee,

I had a bit of confusion myself when I tried plugging in an external hard drive to my HH3 (also using a WD model). What I did to sort it was to leave the HDD plugged in and reboot the HH3, which then refreshed the connection and made it identifiable to both the HH3 and all across my network.

Give this a try and let us know how you get on 🙂

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Too simple for words.

Can't believe I didn't think of that.

I take it security is no different for my files on the WD Drive. It's just as secure being connected to the HUB as it would to the PC.

I  use WPA & WPA2 wireless connection

Thanks

Lee

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

when i try this bthub is listed as shared. when i click that i get usb_disk.  When clicking that i get an error message saying "the operation can't be completed because the original item for "usb_disk" can't be found.

Any ideas where im going wrong?  I have tried rebooting the homehub and it makes no difference.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

One other matter and sorry if it's digressing from original topic.

What speed should I expect for data transfer or to stream data via USB Hard Drive connected toi HH3 over the wireless network to my laptop.

The data transfer speed mentioned in the HH3 is 130Mbps.

socmwills23 - have you tried rebooting Laptop or PC and also what format is the USB drive?

Lee

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

i have tried many reboots and the format is fat32.

0 Ratings