cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matas17
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

BT Home Hub 3 Issues

So I am trying to connect oto BT Home Hub 3 settings so i can set up which times my kids get access to internet but I am unable to connect. I did factory reset or however you call it on a modem but that didnt help tried everything but no luck so far, does anyone have any suggestions or any advice?

Thank you.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Home Hub 3 Issues

Use this link to get into the Homehub management pages.

http://bthomehub.home/

0 Ratings
matas17
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

well i tried that and i get error from chrome "This webpage is not available" also tried the IP solution to use Ip to get into settings but that didn't work either

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Try a factory reset of the homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds then retry to get into the hub with the link I posted. If it still doesn't work in Chrome try another browser. 

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

try entering 192.168.1.254 into the brorwser address bar that should solve your problem with the hub manager
0 Ratings
matas17
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

nop as i said nothing works and i dont know why. Either BT messed up big time or i dont know because few weeks back it was working properly.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

Is it that you can not get any Internet connection or that you just can't get into the Homehub management pages.

0 Ratings
matas17
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

I just want to get onto BT home hub manager which doesnt work and i dont have a clue why

0 Ratings
het_uk
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 11

Go to the Start Menu and type CMD in the search box.

Open the Command Prompt and type...

ipconfig

That will show you the settings on your network adapter.  Look for the Default Gateway.  That is the address you need to put in the browser.

If that doesn't work, check that your browser doesn't have anything like proxy settings configured.  Other than that check the firewall on the computer.  Last resort is to do a virus scan.  Some viruses adjust browser settings so you can't get to certain sites, or change certain settings for example.

The default URL for the HomeHub is http://192.168.1.254

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

you enter 192.168.1.254 into the browser address bar at the top of your web browser not the search bar 

0 Ratings