cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT Home Hub 4 ....Rubbish, Sticking with the 3

Hi All,

Maybe someone can answer this problem,

I noticed my Download speeds which should be about 60Mbps drop down to 30Mbps so, been running the BT speed tests etc and could see my IP Profile dropping everyday.

Contacting BT could not find a fault at exhange and said they performed an 'update' to my open reach modem, after no improvements and countless calls to BT, they suggested a call out but may be charged.  So i swapped back the BT Home Hub 3 and.....yes you got it....my speeds gradually increased.

Contacted BT as was given an option that if the speeds increased, they would replace my HH4 without charge. 

So received my hub today, but before i connected it i performed a speed test, getting around 50Mbps on wireless.  Am ok/ish about that but lets move on.  Connected the BT HH4 after turning everything off, and back on again and speeds instantly dropped to about 34Mbps in BT Speed Tests.....WHY??

SO back to the HH3 now -and yes, perfomed another test and back to normal....just dont get it!! does anyone have an answer to this??

thanks

CG

CG Over An Out
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Home Hub 4 ....Rubbish, Sticking with the 3

If you are using wireless try turning off "Smart Set Up" on the Homehub 4, see link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

If that doesn't help you have answerd your own question, stick with the HH3.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Home Hub 4 ....Rubbish, Sticking with the 3

Thanks for the info but this is the first thing i did....pesty Smart Setup.....why do BT Enable this lol

CG Over An Out
0 Ratings