I've added my details for DynDNS, all settings correctly match the account and host details, however the hub reports the following message:
Connection error - No response from dyndns.org
I know it's fine because I have another device updating the service.
I'm getting this error too .. Dynamic DNS service status: Connection error - Unknown dyndns.org error
Log in detail checked , checked and double checked.
Can log into dyndns with said details and confirm account works
Only thing I can think of is I am on a free account , the ones they are trying to get rid of and have been trying to get rid of for a year or so now
What gives ??
**EDIT** just noticed that my account is on a .com TLD not .ORG ( if that has any bearing )
Ok , so me it's fixed
I logged onto dyn dns and checked out the 'host services' for my host name and found that it had configured itself to a webhop to my home server. ( probably has no bearing but i'm just going through what I have done)
I configured the account from 'webhop' to " Host with IP address" .. This strangely updated with the wrong IP address. Underneath this is a link that says " your current IP address is xxx.xxx.xx.xxx " Clicking this updates the Host service to the correct address.
Back into HH4 and still it didn't accept the details so simply turned the service off . Then back on again .. this now worked and is showing successful.
Probably just turning the service off and on solved the problem but just in case i've given a full description of what happened !
switch Dynamic DNS off and on in HH4 does help, but am not sure if this is a permanent fix.
When you log in to the dtdns.com page you use a username and a password. This username and password are used to set up the HH4 Dynamic DNS. However, I found that add ing '@dtdns.com' to the username sorted the problem out.
Username: <dtdns usename>@dtdns.com
If I have an account with dtsdns.com, with the username of 'fred.blogs' - then the username that I use in the HH4 Dynamic DNS configuration page of the HH4 is:
Press Apply and then Refresh and the update work every time. Give it a try.