Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phatzer
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Home Hub 4 and DynDNS

Hello,

I've added my details for DynDNS, all settings correctly match the account and host details, however the hub reports the following message:

Connection error - No response from dyndns.org

I know it's fine because I have another device updating the service.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Home Hub 4 and DynDNS

This might be your problem: http://btsupport.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44044/c/6433

It might not be, but it's worth checking.

0 Ratings
o0timbo0o
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

I'm getting this error too  .. Dynamic DNS service status: Connection error - Unknown dyndns.org error

Can log into dyndns with said details and confirm account works

Only thing I can think of is I am on a free account , the ones they are trying to get rid of and have been trying to get rid of for a year or so now

What gives ??

**EDIT** just noticed that my account is on a .com TLD not .ORG ( if that has any bearing )

0 Ratings
o0timbo0o
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Ok  , so me it's fixed 

I logged onto dyn dns  and checked out the 'host services' for my host name  and found that it had configured itself to a webhop to my home server. ( probably has no bearing but i'm just going through what I have done)

I configured the account from 'webhop' to " Host with IP address" .. This strangely updated with the wrong IP address. Underneath this is a link that says " your current IP address is xxx.xxx.xx.xxx "  Clicking this updates the Host service to the correct address.

Back into HH4 and  still it didn't accept the details  so simply turned the service off . Then back on again .. this now worked and is showing successful.

Probably just turning the service off and on solved the problem but just in case i've given a full description of what happened ! 

0 Ratings
kevinpugh
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Hi folks,

switch Dynamic DNS off and on in HH4 does help, but am not sure if this is a permanent fix.

When you log in to the dtdns.com page you use a username and a password. This username and password are used to set up the HH4 Dynamic DNS. However, I found that add ing '@dtdns.com' to the username sorted the problem out.

Username: <dtdns usename>@dtdns.com

Password:  xwxwxwxwxw

If I have an account with dtsdns.com, with the username of 'fred.blogs' - then the username that I use in the HH4 Dynamic DNS configuration page of the HH4 is:

fred.blogs@dtdns.com

Press Apply and then Refresh and the update work every time. Give it a try.

0 Ratings